Trickery Afoot - Contact Senators ASAP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmwguy25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If states can say marihuana is legal while the Feds say it is not, why can't the same be done with firearms?

What happens when its state legan and not fed legal is some asshat really rubs it in their face and the feds will make an example out of them. I've seen it first hand.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Wrote our two. Again.

Same here, and you can't write to them enough. I would hate to see a Civil War, or a fully blown Revolution, yet that may be what it takes to wake America up to the fact that those in office don't care one bit about us, and are only there for themselves.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
January 3, 2013

Dear Mr. Harmon,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and concerns about gun rights. While some Americans simply sit by and hope things will change, I appreciate the time you took to engage yourself in this important matter of Constitutional rights.

The Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution guarantees the right to bear arms for all law-abiding citizens. As an outdoorsman and member of the NRA, I am acutely aware of the many conditions and stipulations which gun owners must meet when exercising this basic constitutional right. From the first days of our nation's independence, American families have owned and kept guns in their private residences. Millions of citizens also hunt each year across the United States. But, in recent days, horrific crimes have been committed with guns by mentally and emotionally unstable individuals with evil intent. My heart breaks for families in cities across America that are affected by violence of any type. The collapse of the traditional family, the intensity of violent video games, unlimited internet access, and societal stress have combined to moved anti-social individuals to mass murder.

All too often, responsible gun owners are punished for the wrongdoing of criminals. Law-abiding citizens should not have their rights infringed. Legislation must focus on mental health initiatives, law enforcement, and criminals' access to firearms instead of targeting hunters, responsible gun owners, and gun manufacturers.

Some feel that crime would end if guns were restricted. This theory has proved false in cities like Chicago and Washington, D.C. where gun laws are strict, but violent crime is rampant. I have children in school; I understand the anxiety of dropping off your kids after another school shooting. But, I want to help our nation solve the problem, not just "do something." Simple answers will not fix this complex family issue. It is right to have an honest and open conversation about gun violence, but our conclusions must protect our liberty and start our country down the path of healing.

As the 112th Congress addresses the many challenges facing our nation, I hope you will continue to share your suggestions and comments with me; however, due to increased security measures, mail delivery may be delayed. Please, contact me via email for a faster response. To keep up with my work in Congress, please visit my website at www.lankford.house.gov and sign up to receive updates at www.lankford.house.gov/enewsletter.

In God We Trust,

James Lankford
MEMBER OF CONGRESS

This is the letter I received from James lankford just now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom