Trickery Afoot - Contact Senators ASAP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't any legislation have to pass the house and the senate then sent on to the Prez to become law? The senate could pass a bill banning all weapons but if the house doesn't go for it, then it dies in the senate.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So what are all of you guys going to do if this crap does happen? Are you going to sit around and do nothing? Because I guarantee that is what most Americans will do. Nobody did anything when the 1994 AWB happened. Americans just took it. The NRA did nothing to stop it and neither did anyone else. And they weren't having the kind of shootings that we are having these days either. That is a sad truth too. I just have a very bad feeling that we are going to be hit very hard with anti gun legislation and there won't be anyone to stop it. Even our senators and reps won't do enough to stop it. So that leaves us screwed. Have we really ever been able to trust that our government would do something good for us? Well at least not lately you can't. And there are more anti gun fools coming out of the wood work than ever. The other thread somebody made about a new civil war was a great read. Although I don't want that to happen I feel that is what is going to happen. And until we stand up for our rights the idiots in Washington will keep on taking them. Obama and Feinstein and people of that mindset don't care about us, they only care about themselves. The want guns to be taken away from everyone and will stop at nothing to make that happen. Do you really think they are going to back down? We have to be ready to fight. I have sent a bunch of emails to the senators and reps but I don't have a clue if that will even make a difference. I like to think that it will but who knows. Guess we will see over the next couple of weeks. Another thing, when I emailed Coburn and Inhofe it said that it takes them 30-60 days to read those emails because they get so many. So our emails probably won't even be read until it is too late.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
.... Another thing, when I emailed Coburn and Inhofe it said that it takes them 30-60 days to read those emails because they get so many. So our emails probably won't even be read until it is too late.

Their staff samples the e-mails to tell them how people in their state feel about issues. "It's running 10 to 1 against gun control" Your e-mails count and do matter .

kpk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I sent a letter to the president too. Just used a sample letter and it addresses it for me! I know it won't get read but I want everyone to know how I feel

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't any legislation have to pass the house and the senate then sent on to the Prez to become law? The senate could pass a bill banning all weapons but if the house doesn't go for it, then it dies in the senate.

You are correct, I believe. As I understand it, the legislation will be introduced in the Senate. It is better to filibuster it in the Senate if we do not have the votes to defeat it. They are trying to pull a fast one by changing the rules to prevent filibustering. The more you can slow down an advancing army the better the defenses will be in the House. The dems are trying to blitzkrieg us.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And once again the media shows its true colors. When there was a proposal to put an end to the endless filibustering of judicial nominees it was dubbed the nuclear option and the media painted it as the end of the republic as we know it. They pissed and moaned and told everyone what villains the republicans were for even suggesting such a thing. Yet now that Reid is talking about ending the filibuster completely they remain mostly silent. Its a disgrace. The end of our republic will be brought around by big government and big media. If we had a real media then most Americans wouldn't seem like such sheep.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
[SNIP]I also asked the state rep/senator for a bill that will not allow a media outlet to publish the names of oklahoma concealed carry (SDA) people (names, addresses, etc).

We're already covered in Oklahoma. That database information can only be used for law enforcement purposes BY STATUTE. Not public information.

Latest posts

Top Bottom