trout fishin

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

220swift

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
has anybody else been trout fishin? we limited out yestrday and even caught one california gold trout . been excelent all year and hoping we get more rain out here in the panhandle this spring . may go go again on new years day.

crg1372

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been about 25-30 times this year to Blue River WMA. Our group has limited out every time. Alot of times within an hour after we got there. I haven't seen any golden trout caught yet but we have caught several browns.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Haven't been in Ok this year, but the year is about over, and with the hunting seasons winding down, it will be time to hit Pawhuska lake a few times.
Never fly fished it, but I'm thinking this is gonna be the year.
Whats good on the fly rod in a lake?

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went today on the Lower Illinois and only caught two on the fly rod. Not a good day. I know what they are eating, having the exact match is the failure. A lot of midges hatching the last two times I've been down. I did better last friday than today. They seemed to be a lot pickier today. Going to have to get into tying my own flies.

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haven't been in Ok this year, but the year is about over, and with the hunting seasons winding down, it will be time to hit Pawhuska lake a few times.
Never fly fished it, but I'm thinking this is gonna be the year.
Whats good on the fly rod in a lake?

Might try some Wooley buggers, I've never fished lakes, just streams and rivers.

kh496f

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went out to watonga lake yesterday with a friend.. The bite was good from 7am to about 9am.. Managed to get a total of 5. Think it just got way too warm and wind was a lil too much.. Still a good day none the less

Latest posts

Top Bottom