trout fishin

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ksmirk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been a bunch this year! mainly the Lower Illinois and just to start if your throwing flys #18 black midge should get some hook-ups I have my little secret weapon fly that ALWAYS does well there. I think there has been 2 times we didn't catch at least 10 trout. Haven't been to the Blue yet this year but for some reason #10 olive wooly buggers seem to be the go to fly there. I need to make a trip down to the Blue here soon though. Later,

Kirk

crg1372

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been a bunch this year! mainly the Lower Illinois and just to start if your throwing flys #18 black midge should get some hook-ups I have my little secret weapon fly that ALWAYS does well there. I think there has been 2 times we didn't catch at least 10 trout. Haven't been to the Blue yet this year but for some reason #10 olive wooly buggers seem to be the go to fly there. I need to make a trip down to the Blue here soon though. Later,

Kirk

Been to Blue alot. They're stocking bigger trout than they have in the past.

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went to the L.I. river today, very windy. Still caught fish though. I was using a size 28 midge at one point and had 4 hook ups but only landed one. Both my son in law and I have new 4wt rods and reels so we got to try those out too.

Glockwork1987

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
well me and my dad went to roman nose, we did ok. brought home a total of 10. the morning bite was good. slowed down a bit around 10 or so. had our chance to limit, just had 3 or 4 get off right at the bank. then missed several also. good luck to anyone who goes out....

Ksmirk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
#28 midge? my God you must have eyes of an eagle! I gotta break out the readers to tie on a freakin' #20 :pissed: but when I put them on getting 6X tippet thru a #20 hook eye is kinda like putting a baseball bat in a 5 gallon bucket :wink2: Later,

Kirk

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do any of you guys know of a good trout fishing spot here in Northeastern OK? I took my wife to Pawhuska a couple of times last year and we never caught a single fish! Lot's of other people fishing there to and no one left there with a fish...

We usually go to Cassville Mo. / Roaring River once a year for trout but, I was looking for some place less than a 100 miles from here. Any suggestions?

D&T

Ksmirk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lower Illinois there in Gore other than that head off to Ark or Mo! I spend quite a little time on that river :-) It's below Tenkiller Lake dam

We have been looking at some places in Ark and Mo but well like most of the other things I have going that's been kicked to the back burners :-( Later,

Kirk

crg1372

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went to Blue River today. The action has definitely slowed over the last couple of weeks. The three of us all limited out but the overall size wasn't nearly as good. I caught 17 total myself and my brother caught way more than me, I'm guessing somewhere around 30. Watched them stock while we were there too....saw some really nice trout going into the river.

Latest posts

Top Bottom