Trump just keeps trying to lose.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I get the Trump popularity and have 6 1/2 years of anger like many of his supporters. I don't buy into the Clinton/Trump conspiracy, but it doesn't really matter if it was planned or not. Trump would love running as a 3rd party candidate and this will put the Dems right back in the Oval Office. This is bad news for our dear country.

That isn't the fault of Trump, that's the GOP's fault for putting RINO's on the ballot. When our choices are crap stew or a crap sandwich we tend to look for alternatives, even if there's no chance in hell of being served anything other than crap.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I guess they could have asked Jeb why he speaks more Spanish than English when he is at home, by his own admission.
But they didn't do that. Did they?

They also didn't ask Christie about Bridgegate or Scott Walker about the reason for his recall election. On Jeb, they literally asked about the one serious issue he has that almost no one would be aware of or even understand.

Yes, we can blame FOX or the GOP if Trump runs 3rd party, so long as they keep trying to shut him out. Saying he'll do it regardless is NOT a good reason to give him a valid reason to do so. :(

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Intrigue:

ABC news is reporting that Trump may go ahead and pledge to not run 3rd party under any circumstances.

Trump is scheduled to appear or call in to one of the Fox shows tomorrow, possibly F&F.

While CNN and MSNBC have been talking about the blood comments all day Fox has avoided the issue entirely.

Megyn Kelly is mum.

Trump and Roger Ailes kiss and make up?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Intrigue:

ABC news is reporting that Trump may go ahead and pledge to not run 3rd party under any circumstances.

Trump is scheduled to appear or call in to one of the Fox shows tomorrow, possibly F&F.

While CNN and MSNBC have been talking about the blood comments all day Fox has avoided the issue entirely.

Megyn Kelly is mum.

Trump and Roger Ailes kiss and make up?

Trump confirmed that he and Ailes talked. Trump is appearing on FOX & Friends tomorrow morning.

FWIW, as soon as Trump signs a pledge, the GOP will bend him over and grab a handful of sand...

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Trump needs Fox a lot more than Fox needs Trump.

Trump can't win the GOP nomination swimming upstream against Fox.
Fox (Roger Ailes) likes Trump because he's good for ratings but it goes no farther than the ratings.

Trump is behind the 8 ball and he knows it.
There's not much else he can do except go along.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is interesting if true....

FoxNews owner Rupert Murdoch wanted to take down Donald Trump after the billionaire candidate’s attack on illegal immigration. His debate moderators - Megyn Kelly in particular - threw everything they had at Trump in the first GOP confab Thursday night.

But as we reported last night, it made no difference whatsoever: the latest polls show if anything, Trump has increased his lead as Republican front-runner.

Meanwhile, however, the collateral damage for Fox has been incredible. Angry viewers deluged the network with “tens of thousands” of emails and phone calls, and Trump has not gone near the network since the debate - even skipping Fox’s Sunday show yesterday in favor of its 3 competitors.

Tonight we get the news that FoxNews boss Roger Ailes seems to have had enough:

Donald Trump has tweeted that Ailes called to assure him that Fox will cover him “fairly” going forward.

According to two high-level Fox sources, Ailes’s diplomacy was the result of increasing concern inside Fox News that Trump could damage the network. Immediately following Thursday’s debate, Fox was deluged with pro-Trump emails. The chatter on Twitter was equally in Trump’s favor. “In the beginning, virtually 100 percent of the emails were against Megyn Kelly,” one Fox source, who was briefed on the situation, told me. “Roger was not happy. Most of the Fox viewers were taking Trump’s side.”

Things got worse for Ailes over the weekend. In a phone conversation, Trump told Sean Hannity that “he was never doing Fox again,” according to one person with knowledge of the call. The anti-Kelly emails, and threat of a boycott by Trump, seem to have pushed Ailes to defuse the war. One Fox personality told me that Fox producers gave instructions to tell in-house talent not to bring up Trump’s controversial comments that Kelly had “blood coming out of her wherever” during the debate. According to one count, Fox only aired Trump’s comment once since Friday, while CNN mentioned it at least 50 times.

…Whatever Ailes said to Trump in their phone call earlier, it seems to have worked. Trump has agreed to interviews on Fox & Friends and Hannity tomorrow.

Say what you want about Trump, but he’s proving that he can win a fight whether it’s on immigration or with the press.

As we have said, his candidacy is like nothing we’ve seen before. People simply don’t care about what the GOP establishment thinks of Trump. They support him because he is against them. And that has the GOP-e in a panic.

Source

Before this debate The Kelly File was rating better than the O'Reilly Factor which is pretty epic, O'Reilly has been king by a long ways forever. I think she can kiss that one goodbye. Here is a non-apology from Megyn Kelly on her show where she claims she was just doing "good journalism". If that's her standard me thinks she needs to move on over to MSNBC. Damn. I used to really like her too before she showed her true colors.

https://www.facebook.com/TheKellyFile/videos/1697824740432384/

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is interesting if true....

Before this debate The Kelly File was rating better than the O'Reilly Factor which is pretty epic, O'Reilly has been king by a long ways forever. I think she can kiss that one goodbye. Here is a non-apology from Megyn Kelly on her show where she claims she was just doing "good journalism". If that's her standard me thinks she needs to move on over to MSNBC. Damn. I used to really like her too before she showed her true colors.

https://www.facebook.com/TheKellyFile/videos/1697824740432384/

As much as I like to just sit and look at Megyn, it seems to have backfired. Yes, that comment she made needed to be brought out because the dims are dang sure going to run with it, but it sure could have been brought out in a different manner. The first question in the debate about third party just made me think that this was an attack on trump, and not a moderated debate.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As much as I like to just sit and look at Megyn, it seems to have backfired. Yes, that comment she made needed to be brought out because the dims are dang sure going to run with it, but it sure could have been brought out in a different manner. The first question in the debate about third party just made me think that this was an attack on trump, and not a moderated debate.

I watched the rerun a little closer and while they asked all of them at least one somewhat tough question to varying degrees they went at Trump with both barrels blazing. They did varying degrees too, Walker on his job pledge coming up short in his 1st term, etc. I would expect and hope they would do that to all of them, but they just got downright petty at Trump with the "gotcha" questions. Trump is not even who I'm voting for right now but I sure like what he's doing, so that may change. Time will tell.

Edit: They threw one at Kasich too with the gay question. They had a plethora of substantive trainwrecks by the Obama administration to address with these candidates and they come with this kind of crap?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As we have said, his candidacy is like nothing we’ve seen before. People simply don’t care about what the GOP establishment thinks of Trump. They support him because he is against them. And that has the GOP-e in a panic.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall while Reince Preibus is on the phone with Roger Ailes, trying to figure out what to do with The Donald. As far as I'm concerned, the GOP and FOX can kiss my ass at this point! :NO:

Latest posts

Top Bottom