TULSA PD CHIEF: Might be time to trade some freedom for gun control

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
Here's another OHP bike:

FvXlBDnWAAoW5z3
I wonder if the performance numbers are different between LE spec R1250RTs and civilians spec models. 45 years of riding and 30 odd years of Harley touring bikes and my BMW R1250RT is the best bike I've ever had

Big Bad Wolf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, I'm not doubting him and specifically said so. So what are you @JEVapa some kind of TROLL trying to start some 'sheet'?

TROLL
A troll is Internet slang for a person who intentionally tries to instigate conflict, hostility, or arguments in an online social community. Platforms targeted by trolls can include the comment sections of YouTube, forums, or chat rooms.

Trolls often use inflammatory messages to provoke emotional responses out of people, disrupting otherwise civil discussion. Trolling can occur anywhere that has an open area where people can freely post their thoughts and opinions.
https://edu.gcfglobal.org/en/thenow/what-is-trolling/1/

What I specifically wanted to see was how the long-gun was mounted (stock/case aligned forward or aft) and, assuming that the AR was in a lockable 'hard-case', how and where it would be mounted so as not to interfere with quick mounting and unmounting of the bike.
Most are mounted on the rear right side of the motorcycle. I’ve only seen barrel down and a wraparound the receiver upper and lower style case, similar to some of the AR lock “boxes” you can mount on your wall, etc. it’s a fairly cool but still “secure “ as can be mounted to motorcycle.

Frank Pope

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not saying that we should do away with cops. I'm saying that cops are not responsible for my protection. When seconds count the police are minutes away. Do you carry a gun? If so, why?
People don't understand that YOUR personal security is not the cops responsibility. Their job is to enforce the law in their sight and investigate crimes after the fact. If you are not your own first responder, them you don't have one.

Perun

Marksman
Reaction score
Well he has a glaring mental deficit. He s afflicted by the hubris of the idea of crime prevention. You want to prevent crime improve education, job opportunities and social outlook. Police do not prevent crime that is a fake narrative. Police only respond to crime. What prevents crime is the moral fiber and upbringing and opportunities an individual has. Police can no more prevent crime than my gun prevents crime. My gun can only react once a person has already set in motion the action of violence it is in fact an imperfect tool never able to preempt a person .... the idea of preempting a person isn't possible.
I know some poor cop is going to read this and try to say I prevent crime all the time.... no.... no you never have. when you pull some one over and find drugs you prevented nothing you only discovered that which was already taken place... you can argue well I stopped them from future crimes..... no probably not they just getting a time out.... you didn't prevent any of the other previous undiscovered crimes they committed.
The argument we must take away so we can prevent is the most false narrative I have ever heard
when was the last time The FBI thwarted an attack they didnt have a hand in setting up. everyone wants to believe in the security of take my rights to make me safe and yet here we all are with lost rights and no safer at all and they are all asking for more rights with an absolute zero track record of prevention by stripping rights.

You want less crime bring back opportunity , education, stop believing having three dollar generals in town means success wages should match inflation. Stop passing laws that protect govt and start pasing laws that protect people from predatory businesses , Govt. ,educational institutions, banks and lending practices, and you will see more growth less crime. its like this forum google is strangleing them forces them to ask for memberships undermining prosperity and creating a self appointed regulatory body over the internet in a free open society this could flourish but now that some one is trying to govern by proxy and doesn not aprove the message so its punished its beleagured now and impoverished and forced to punch down to stay afloat. exact same things happen in communities that are taken over they decline..... you want to prevent decline stop over burdening society for the benefit of the few and the select.

bushmaster06

Hoist the black flag.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
People don't understand that YOUR personal security is not the cops responsibility. Their job is to enforce the law in their sight and investigate crimes after the fact. If you are not your own first responder, them you don't have one.
I hate to say it, but law enforcement is basically the clean up crew, especially in rural areas. And in rural areas EMS also falls into this as well. It's not meant to be an insult, just that the badge to population ratio is huge.

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can think of several freedoms I would give up to make my community more safe:

1. The right to commit repeated violent felonies and still be let out of prison to do it again.
2. The right to wander around the streets inflicting my outbursts of unmedicated schizoid-babble, threats, and harassment on fellow pedestrians.
3. The right to cross the border illegally.
4. The right to commit various misdemeanors without repercussion.

I know it'll be hard to give up these rights my forefathers fought so hard for, but if it reduces crime then I think I can live without them.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He's a RINO. And Tulsa's been inundated with left coast liberals who, after having fouled their own nests, fled to Tulsa to show us how it's done. Now, even Tulsa has dopers living under the overpass, bums demanding cash at the stop light, etc, ad infinitum, ad nauseum.
And I've seen post after post on this very forum encouraging and welcoming people from the "left coast". I personally know former Californians here in the Tulsa area that are "conservative" and like guns, but are so socially liberal they may as well be Antifa. Gun ownership is no indicator of conservative views.

Franklin was chosen by Bynum for one reason, and I knew he'd be the new Chief when they showed the candidates. Bynum can't suck up enough to one particular demographic, and having Franklin in the running must have made his pants tight.

Latest posts

Top Bottom