TULSA PD CHIEF: Might be time to trade some freedom for gun control

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
And I've seen post after post on this very forum encouraging and welcoming people from the "left coast". I personally know former Californians here in the Tulsa area that are "conservative" and like guns, but are so socially liberal they may as well be Antifa. Gun ownership is no indicator of conservative views.

Franklin was chosen by Bynum for one reason, and I knew he'd be the new Chief when they showed the candidates. Bynum can't suck up enough to one particular demographic, and having Franklin in the running must have made his pants tight.
I know a couple of Oregon transplants, fled here for safety, rights, cheap cost of living, etc. Now that they've been here for a few years, they still bring up some pretty extreme liberal notions and ideas and believe that Oklahoma should do the same. I told them lovingly, they're forever brainwashed and not to be messing up what we have here in OK lol. Other than views of the ocean or standing next to some redwoods, they shouldn't be missing nothing from Oregon.

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And I've seen post after post on this very forum encouraging and welcoming people from the "left coast". I personally know former Californians here in the Tulsa area that are "conservative" and like guns, but are so socially liberal they may as well be Antifa. Gun ownership is no indicator of conservative views.
Absolutely spot on and is the Trojan Horse of blue state refugees moving into the Heartland. They destroyed Oregon, Washington, Colorado, yet many think, "Well, it can't happen here!" Their naïveté is astounding.

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Inflation is from our government that never stops printing free money to send out checks to all the people who don't want to work. It isn't sustainable and it will continue to erode the dollar - you can't just print it and give it away without devaluing it.

Stupid drivers became much more common after the "medicinal" weed law passed here for the "kids with seizures".

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know a couple of Oregon transplants, fled here for safety, rights, cheap cost of living, etc. Now that they've been here for a few years, they still bring up some pretty extreme liberal notions and ideas and believe that Oklahoma should do the same. I told them lovingly, they're forever brainwashed and not to be messing up what we have here in OK lol. Other than views of the ocean or standing next to some redwoods, they shouldn't be missing nothing from Oregon.

That is because a lot of west coast conservatives aren't really all that conservative . Hence my really not wanting people to move to Oklahoma from the east or west coast. I worked in the PNW for 7 years and I heard some of the most leftist and progressive things come from the mouths of people who told me they were conservative, voted republican , etc . To be fair though they were indeed more conservative then their peers in Oregon and Washington though as a rule.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is because a lot of west coast conservatives aren't really all that conservative . Hence my really not wanting people to move to Oklahoma from the east or west coast
And I've been chastised on this forum in the past for saying just that.
Inflation is from our government that never stops printing free money to send out checks to all the people who don't want to work. It isn't sustainable and it will continue to erode the dollar - you can't just print it and give it away without devaluing it.

Stupid drivers became much more common after the "medicinal" weed law passed here for the "kids with seizures".
I haven't noticed any more stupid drivers after the medicinal cannabis law than before. Drivers in the Tulsa area have sucked for decades.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Really? I haven't been able to find a single picture of either a OHP motorcycle or an OKCPD motorcycle with an AR (or any long-gun) mounted on it. Not doubting you, just really interested in checking-out what such a set-up looks like 😶
I can report that Broken Arrow PD's police motorcycles have AR mounted onto them.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is because a lot of west coast conservatives aren't really all that conservative . Hence my really not wanting people to move to Oklahoma from the east or west coast. I worked in the PNW for 7 years and I heard some of the most leftist and progressive things come from the mouths of people who told me they were conservative, voted republican , etc . To be fair though they were indeed more conservative then their peers in Oregon and Washington though as a rule.
Well, I moved here from New Jersey about 19 years ago and I'll put my conservative credentials up against any native born Okie.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can report that Broken Arrow PD's police motorcycles have AR mounted onto them.
Thanks for the info @OKNewshawk. I'm still having a little trouble wrapping my head around the fact that different law enforcement agencies here in Oklahoma are able to mount an AR (or any long-gun) openly on their motor-units without fear of them being stolen/damaged. Most places I've lived would have seen those guns, if not the whole motorcycle, stolen in a heartbeat 🤣🤣. Just another testament to how great most of the people in Oklahoma are.

Latest posts

Top Bottom