TULSA PD CHIEF: Might be time to trade some freedom for gun control

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know. I hear a lot of these characters described as "father of four, was going to start Community College this fall, getting his life together"

So maybe dad, scholar, life improvement enthusiast?
If I have learned something thing in my life time it is never ever turn your life around or plan on starting community college. Nothing good can come of it.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm POed, I moved here in part because of the lack of gun control.
Well, fortunately, as my late father would say, he can wish for gun control in one hand and crap in the other and see which fills up first. He gets no more say in the gun control debate than any other person in this state because Oklahoma has state preemption on firearms regulation--regardless of what he wants, Tulsa can't implement any kind of gun control measures.

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tulsa Police Chief Wendell Franklin is calling for a 9/11 style response to gun violence and suggesting people may have to give up some of their freedom in exchange for gun control.

NPR posted an interview with Franklin on Sunday, noting he is critical of constitutional carry, wants more regulations on firearms that Democrats describe as “ghost guns,” and is open to a waiting period for the purchase of AR-15s and similar firearms.

Franklin said, “Law enforcement – we are the experts. We’re the subject matter experts at protecting America – right? – protecting our cities. And, you know, we should be utilizing that in that manner. So I am charged with protecting this community. And if there are better ways of protecting it, I think we should be looking at those better ways to protect it.”

Public Radio Tulsa quoted Franklin saying:

Ultimately, I’m a Second Amendment guy…But I’m okay giving up some of that freedom, right? We had to give up some of that freedom after 9/11. I’m okay with waiting three days, five days, or whatever to get my firearm if I go out and purchase another firearm. So I’m okay with a pause to allow for weapons to be purchased and allow the government and the gun companies to look at the background and do a thorough check before that gun goes to someone.

https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amend...e-time-to-trade-some-freedom-for-gun-control/

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe I read recently that Tulsa was experiencing an increase in arson cases. The only recourse is to have a five day waiting period on buying matches.
That person is just practicing their urban bush craft skills. Everybody getting all bent out of shape over it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom