TULSA PD CHIEF: Might be time to trade some freedom for gun control

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tulsa Police Chief Wendell Franklin is calling for a 9/11 style response to gun violence and suggesting people may have to give up some of their freedom in exchange for gun control.

NPR posted an interview with Franklin on Sunday, noting he is critical of constitutional carry, wants more regulations on firearms that Democrats describe as “ghost guns,” and is open to a waiting period for the purchase of AR-15s and similar firearms.

Franklin said, “Law enforcement – we are the experts. We’re the subject matter experts at protecting America – right? – protecting our cities. And, you know, we should be utilizing that in that manner. So I am charged with protecting this community. And if there are better ways of protecting it, I think we should be looking at those better ways to protect it.”

Public Radio Tulsa quoted Franklin saying:

https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amend...e-time-to-trade-some-freedom-for-gun-control/
in my experience, when someone claims to be an expert- watch out……. I do not see police as experts at this at all.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gun crime is such a problem. I hear reports of shootings all the time on my way to work...rarely does the description of the suspect go beyond "tall, in his twenties"

We have a gun problem? Or do we have a "tall, in his twenties" problem?
We have a gangbanger yute problem.

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Might be time to elect a new mayor
He's a RINO. And Tulsa's been inundated with left coast liberals who, after having fouled their own nests, fled to Tulsa to show us how it's done. Now, even Tulsa has dopers living under the overpass, bums demanding cash at the stop light, etc, ad infinitum, ad nauseum.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He's a RINO. And Tulsa's been inundated with left coast liberals who, after having fouled their own nests, fled to Tulsa to show us how it's done. Now, even Tulsa has dopers living under the overpass, bums demanding cash at the stop light, etc, ad infinitum, ad nauseum.
I sat beside a lady on a flight into Denver yesterday. She was early 60’s. She went on about how the homeless problem among other things has destroyed Denver. She felt the root cause was weed legalization and the transplants from the left coast and it just snowballed from there.

Her and her husband were looking to retire to Oklahoma.
I told her it would be a great place for them specifically Tulsa. And if you live into your mid 70s. Tulsa is going to remind you so much of Denver It wont even be funny.

I think we are where Colorado was a decade ago and Colorado is where Oregon was a decade before that. Nobody learns from it just keep on repeating it.

Tulsa gets more liberal by the day. And it shows zero signs of reversing that course. And it is bleeding out into the surrounding counties.

GunnyH

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's hilarious about this is his quote "we are the experts on safety" I spent almost 20 years in law enforcement after retiring from the Corps. I worked with VERY FEW who were "Experts". I asked my first FTO if he carried a back up and what was it. His response was "yes I think its a .380", did not encourage me that he was even COMPETENT let alone an expert.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I sat beside a lady on a flight into Denver yesterday. She was early 60’s. She went on about how the homeless problem among other things has destroyed Denver. She felt the root cause was weed legalization and the transplants from the left coast and it just snowballed from there.

Her and her husband were looking to retire to Oklahoma.
I told her it would be a great place for them specifically Tulsa. And if you live into your mid 70s. Tulsa is going to remind you so much of Denver It wont even be funny.

I think we are where Colorado was a decade ago and Colorado is where Oregon was a decade before that. Nobody learns from it just keep on repeating it.

Tulsa gets more liberal by the day. And it shows zero signs of reversing that course. And it is bleeding out into the surrounding counties.
Tulsa has been going downhill since the 1990s. It used to be "America's Most Beautiful City". I got the hell out of there in 1991 because demographics changed, crime got spread around all over town as opposed to being isolated. I still work here, but it is a shithole now.

You could legalize weed in a good, decent community full of educated people that respect each other and little would change. We let the bums and parasites live all over town now, we subsidize irresponsible living, we celebrate perversion.

Loads of decent people already fled to surrounded areas - Jenks, Owasso, BA....there's a name for that phenomenon but it escapes me. I think parents don't want their children going to school with felons-to-be.

Latest posts

Top Bottom