Turkey hunting 2024

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Drove into Lawton twice this week and both times I saw……must have been 20-25 turkeys just inside Fort Sill’s 4’ fence right off the turnpike. They wouldn’t get upset if I popped one and hopped over for a quick sec would they?
No problem at all. But please use one of your rook rifles. I’d like to buy it at the sheriff’s sale

bushmaster06

Hoist the black flag.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know squat about turkey hunting, but having this guy was quite entertaining. Boy, did he hate that rooster in the background.

AS7bIsJ.jpg

MU63sSo.jpg

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And here I am! Just gonna say I TOLD YA YOU WOULD BE!!

All we need to know id when are you going to be selling all those deer rifles now that your a full blown turkey hunter. 😁😁😁
I’m not there yet, but I was actually texting with Kwaynem last night about selling off certain calibers to consolidate what I load for. :anyone:

I did buy another Encore turkey barrel this week but only because it was cheap, and I’ve got a plan to create a one of a kind Encore shotgun. Hopefully it’ll work.

The problem with turkey hunting especially in OK is that it’s a one and done season.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Hopefully in a couple of years they’ll increase it back to two or possibly three like it was a few years ago.

Probably a lot of factors went into the reduction but I’m working on cutting down the nest robbers. Dog proof and foot hold traps are being worn out down here.

I think the entire state will have to be thick with them again before any consideration would be made to up the limit. For every one person who's seeing more birds, there's still a dozen out there who are still seeing zero. KS is the same it sounds like.

I'd like to know what large ranches in Texas are like with limited to no hunting pressure or feeders around. Curious if their flocks are are completely gone or reduced. Turkeys will eat anything, there's always windmills or pumps on those ranches so water and food isn't a factor.

Latest posts

Top Bottom