Turkey hunting 2024

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't call yourself a dedicated hardcore turkey hunter unless you've got one of these......

th.jpg

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't call yourself a dedicated hardcore turkey hunter unless you've got one of these......

View attachment 459047
Oh man, where can a guy get one of those? I likey!!

Retrieverman, tell your wife to pony up and get ya one since you’re giving up deer hunting.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Browning Maxus 12ga that I plan on using for turkey this spring. I'm going to take it out this week to get an idea on pattern and range since I have no clue about that. It will chamber up to 3 1/2". I have various chokes....full and turkey. I don't really know if there is a lot of difference in these chokes.

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In a weak moment last year I bought a Henry single shot turkey camo 12 gauge. I am going to go pattern it this weekend but in reality I will probably never use it hunting unless for a rain gun. I like my ten gauge, plus follow up shots are nice if you need one.

I can guarantee you this, I will NEVER shoot 3 1/2" shells out of it. I can't imagine how bad that would hurt and I don't consider myself recoil sensitive.

It is funny and I am sure I am like some of you. I literally spend more time planning, prepping and anticipating turkey season than I actually hunt. I think I hunted five hours last spring but spent days getting ready.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Browning Maxus 12ga that I plan on using for turkey this spring. I'm going to take it out this week to get an idea on pattern and range since I have no clue about that. It will chamber up to 3 1/2". I have various chokes....full and turkey. I don't really know if there is a lot of difference in these chokes.
I would go with the turkey choke tube, and I’ve only ever used 2 3/4” shells.

It is funny and I am sure I am like some of you. I literally spend more time planning, prepping and anticipating turkey season than I actually hunt. I think I hunted five hours last spring but spent days getting ready.
At this stage in life, I swear I enjoy getting ready to hunt much more than actually hunting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom