uninsured motorist insurance?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From what my agent told me, uninsured motorist covers your injuries (medical bills), not your car, in the event you're hit by an uninsured driver. I have good health insurance, so I opted out.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Uninsured motorist doesn't pay for property damage, that's what your collision is for, it pays for medical bills you incur. If you have really good health insurance I'd consider maybe dropping it. It is kind of pricey these days.

Edit: Dang, Dave beat me to it...

W150

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe it also covers any passengers medical bills.
I was told you only had to pay it on one vehicle on the policy.
I decided for the price to keep it.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It also pays your pain/suffering in addition to any medical expenses you may have. Essentially, you settle with your own company as if they were insuring the at fault party.

XDsooner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i'd keep it, my buddies wife was hit by another vehicle that didnt have insurance and got stuck with some pretty hefty medical bills. never need it til ya do kinda thing.

bmoney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was in an accident and have a permenant back injury. If not for the uninsured motorist I wouldn't have gotten squat. Most people don't carry near enough insurance. If your health insurance company finds out it was someone elses fault they likely won't cover your medical bills in the event of an accident.

Latest posts

Top Bottom