uninsured motorist insurance?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I
We're probably dealing in semantics here. The problem I had with your earlier description was the term "dropped coverage".

I'm assuming this is a renewal you're discussing with your agent. So, let's say you have 3 cars and have been charged $50 per car for UIM. Now, they're charging you $145 for one car, with increased limits, even though you still have three cars. Given that these figures are for illustration only, is this the general situation? .

Yes this is the general situation. I was wrong earlier when I said dropping coverage. I was getting the story from my wife who had talked to our agent. She had me confused as to what they were wanting to do so I called and talked to him and he explained everything to me.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We use State Farm for all of our insurance needs- house,cars, etc- and I'm keeping UM, it's too cheap not to have it and my agent frowned anyways when I was going to drop it ( I pay way less for it than what has been stated above...).

I was just in a wreck in Tulsa the day before Christmas Eve. I was in slow moving traffic on 169 in the far right lane right before the exit to 71st St at 4pm- and was hit from behind by this young woman going about 75 mph in a high dollar Infinity. Totalled out her car but barely scratched the bumper on my Explorer 4x4- or so it looked like when you look at it from the outside. I drove away afterward and she had to wait for a ride, and I was damn glad she had insurance. But now Im still sparring with Farmers, her insurance, over the damaged stuff that you dont see when someone hits you from behind- my airbags didnt deploy but the 'passive restraint system' is now all screwed up and just to clear the airbag warning light has meant replacing the front seatbelts- and the dealership still cant figure out how to clear the light; ABS light is on and theyre still working on that; my Flowmasters got pushed ahead and all bent up- got a complete new system; etc, etc. The new bumper will be the last thing replaced looks like. But I just want my truck back to the awesome truck it was before she plowed into me. Farmers has been good in getting me checks but this whole thing has consumed alot of my time the last few weeks and it sucks, especially when its not your fault. So, damn glad she had insurance and more than glad me and my 15 yr didnt get injured.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes this is the general situation. I was wrong earlier when I said dropping coverage. I was getting the story from my wife who had talked to our agent. She had me confused as to what they were wanting to do so I called and talked to him and he explained everything to me.

UIM is confusing under the best of circumstances. It is, however, a necessary coverage.

I repeat that it's a good idea to cya with another quote occasionally. I put my coverage out for quote every three years. You can do it nowadays online so it's largely painless. I just like to keep my carrier honest.

Latest posts

Top Bottom