Upgrade or Purchase ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SKATA

Leave the gun, take the cannoli
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Opinions please. I like a 2011 compact for EDC. With all the positive reviews on high-end guns like the Wilson Combat EDCx9, Staccato cs, Dan Wesson, etc, would it be advisable to upgrade my CZ 75d PCR at Cajun Gun Worx or purchase one of these already great out-of-the-box guns? Let's pretend money is no option, (unfortunately it is !). The CZ is the right size and round count but the trigger action , sights, etc could use improvement.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you can hit what you aim at with current weapon then what will a different one do for you.
Ask yourself that.

I have 1 9 mm and i never cared for the 9 mm until I researched it and I got this one cheap as a buddy needed money.
Hi-point 9.
I made some loads for it and found a great one and stupid accurate and reliable.

I have no desire to get another 9 because I hit what I aim at.
Much smaller than the 45 acp's

SKATA

Leave the gun, take the cannoli
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you can hit what you aim at with current weapon then what will a different one do for you.
Ask yourself that.

I have 1 9 mm and i never cared for the 9 mm until I researched it and I got this one cheap as a buddy needed money.
Hi-point 9.
I made some loads for it and found a great one and stupid accurate and reliable.

I have no desire to get another 9 because I hit what I aim at.
Much smaller than the 45 acp's
Good logical comment on your first sentence. I do shoot alot at the range and really like the feel of this CZ. Would another $800+ improve my skills . . . probably not. Thanks. (does need better sights for my cataracts)

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Owned at one point, two guns by CGW. They are top notch and the trigger is phenomenal when it comes to da/sa guns. Dunno that I've felt one better. Can't go wrong.

Owned a EDC X9 and it gets my vote, only because I like single action triggers better. I sold mine, only because I want to get one with a red dot cut and mine was not.

The Staccato CS is a very nice gun it seems, only held one, but size wise I would prefer the Wilson guns.

Not sure which DW you're looking at.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve owned at least a dozen Wilson 1911’s (still have the first one I ever bought), but I’ve never had an EDC9. I don’t know what it means or if it means anything, but I see quite a few EDC9’s show up on the used market. They don’t seem to resell well either. My recommendation is to at least handle if not shoot an EDC9 before dropping any money on one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom