USAA Insurance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatcpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I switched auto and homeowner's insurance last September. Both policies were with Travelers before that. Premiums for both Travelers policies increased substantially, so I went looking. The USAA homeowner's policy was about the same as the Traveler's policy, but the auto insurance was 35% less. I also bought their personal umbrella policy at a small reduction from what I was paying. I read all I could find on USAA and the reviews were positive 99% of the time. They have a lot of other benefits to offer. Haven't really had time to consider anything on the banking/investment side, but plan to check it out when I get time.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a claim against one of their policy holders for an auto accident and resultant brain surgery. USAA treated me fairly and promptly.

Once I no longer need auto insurance to cover a business auto, I'll probably switch to USAA.

Woody

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had USAA since I was 16 and would not even think of changing. They do not have motorcycle coverage but have a connection with Progressive with great rates and USAA benefits. If you qualify then I highly recommend giving them a shot.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went to USAA three years ago after farm Bureau dumped us because of a water pipe leak in the house. Been very satisfied with them. We have had one vehicle claim, and it was a non-issue with great service.
A bonus is that here at the house I have a Utility tractor for moving stuff around and grading our gravel road. Its covered without a separate rider. All the other companies we had required a different policy to cover the tractor.

My wife is ever vigilant to save a buck. Seems all of the insurance companies in Ok have raised their prices because of storm claims. We can save a couple of bucks with other companies, but with the service we will stay with USAA.

Podman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had Travelers too until they really went up. So I switched to State Farm and saved over $1000 bucks on my home and auto. AAA was cheap too but State Farm had a little better
coverage options. Anyway it pays to shop around.

WNM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been with USAA for over 10 years, and have had one claim. As others have said the customer service is the best. First thing they asked if everyone was OK. Had an adjuster on site and a check in hand the next day.

Bierhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
USAA has a number of advantages that may outweigh simple premium comparisons.
Their customer service has been excellent for the 25+ years I have banked with and been insured by them.
They gave me outstanding auto rates and coverage as three of my 5 kids simultaneously hit the upper teens (just ending now).
They are extremely good at portability (i.e. as you move about and need your services to move easily with you).
Their website is very good for navigation and functionality too.
Take a good hard look and decide if it is worth your time based upon what is most importand to you.

I've been thinking about switching to USAA insurance as well. The customer service part is the really important part for me. My current company does their job, but they are a royal pain to deal with...they are cheap though. I use USAA for other services that they have, but I'm really interested in their insurance as I have other vet friends who swear by them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom