Used/cheap shop building

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you’re ordering with Alan’s Factory Outlet, the standard tubing size is 14 gauge, but you can upgrade to 12 gauge.
Sorry, I was confused. It’s not Alan’s. It is 14ga
IMG_7614.png

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To be clear. This “shop” is a starter for me for the business and when I outgrow it it’ll just be a garage. I don’t have debt and I’m doing everything I can to do this on the cheap. At our last place I just got done building a red iron 40x60x14 and it was amazing but I was into it $95k. Cant and won’t do that again lol. Not until I’m making the kind of money I made back then.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To be clear. This “shop” is a starter for me for the business and when I outgrow it it’ll just be a garage. I don’t have debt and I’m doing everything I can to do this on the cheap. At our last place I just got done building a red iron 40x60x14 and it was amazing but I was into it $95k. Cant and won’t do that again lol. Not until I’m making the kind of money I made back then.
I completely understand about the cost. I’m in the slow process of moving homesteads, and I’m also shopping for metal buildings. I’m leaning towards a carport structure for livestock shelter, and I’m also looking at 30x40x12 weld up shop. I’ll add a lean-to on each side of the carport structure with 4x4 posts in the ground to hopefully help with anchoring the structure. The best price so far for the weld up shop is around $22/sq Ft with concrete and labor. The building is $11,185. Concrete is $7.50/ sq Ft, and labor is $5.75/sq Ft. I’m still in the process of getting some quotes. We’re located in different parts of the state, but I wouldn’t think that the price would be that different. Just thought that I would pass that info along in case you wanted to do some more research.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I completely understand about the cost. I’m in the slow process of moving homesteads, and I’m also shopping for metal buildings. I’m leaning towards a carport structure for livestock shelter, and I’m also looking at 30x40x12 weld up shop. I’ll add a lean-to on each side of the carport structure with 4x4 posts in the ground to hopefully help with anchoring the structure. The best price so far for the weld up shop is around $22/sq Ft with concrete and labor. The building is $11,185. Concrete is $7.50/ sq Ft, and labor is $5.75/sq Ft. I’m still in the process of getting some quotes. We’re located in different parts of the state, but I wouldn’t think that the price would be that different. Just thought that I would pass that info along in case you wanted to do some more research.

Those carports will stay put if you anchor them good. I take 8ft T-Posts and drive them down 4ft in the ground then weld or clamp the T-Posts to the corners. It also helps adding metal sheets to the walls all the way to the ground and stationing them East and West, avoiding our strong North and South winds getting under them lifting them.

You young guys needing shops should get together and help each other erect them. Save the labor costs. They are easy to erect.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Smart move staying and getting out of debt! Stay that way even when your income gets back up there!

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those carports will stay put if you anchor them good. I take 8ft T-Posts and drive them down 4ft in the ground then weld or clamp the T-Posts to the corners. It also helps adding metal sheets to the walls all the way to the ground and stationing them East and West, avoiding our strong North and South winds getting under them lifting them.

You young guys needing shops should get together and help each other erect them. Save the labor costs. They are easy to erect.

Not a young guy, but... I checked on the cost savings to put it up myself. A whopping $1500. No thanks. I'll let the guys that know what they're doing put it up in one day. Plus if something goes wrong, they're responsible...not me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom