VA hearing aids.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After a hearing test the end of 2015 that pretty much determined I'm close to being deaf as a post I received my first set of free hearing aids from the VA early Jan. 2016.

I was unaware but I was told last week that I was authorized another hearing test and or new hearing aids every four years so I called the VA earlier this morning and scheduled a appointment for a hearing test on April 5th.

For the veterans onboard, if you feel that your hearing is not as good as it should be and you feel it may be related to serving in the military submit a claim if you haven't already done so or if it's been 4 or more years since your last hearing exam and receiving your VA hearing aids.....in the OKC area you can contact VA audiology at 405-456-1000 and the hearing test scheduling dept. at 405-456-5490.

Last edited:

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
upload_2021-3-3_10-9-24.png

Cowbaby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was a mount captain of a 5 inch gun in the military and i guess you could say my hearing is less than stellar. I got a set of VA hearing aids years ago to help. Sounded like everything is coming through a tin can. Plus you hear beer cans rolling around in the floorboard of your truck again and you wife griping at you all the time.

In short all the crap you didn't want to hear anyway,

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Speaking of hearing aids, years ago I helped my mother with a listening device that she could wear around her neck that would pick up sounds around her and allow her to hear everything with ear buds or headphones. She loved it, so I told her that maybe she needed to get hearing aids, which she did go and do.

On a visit back to see her, I noticed that she wasn't wearing the hearing aids, so I asked about them. She said that she hated to hear the dripping faucet in the kitchen and she really hated that AWFUL noise of the toilet flushing.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was a mount captain of a 5 inch gun in the military and i guess you could say my hearing is less than stellar. I got a set of VA hearing aids years ago to help. Sounded like everything is coming through a tin can. Plus you hear beer cans rolling around in the floorboard of your truck again and you wife griping at you all the time.

In short all the crap you didn't want to hear anyway,
My guess is, the VA isn't providing top of the line equipment either

ICanFixIt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My guess is, the VA isn't providing top of the line equipment either
The ones the VA gave me are Oticon, and when I got them, they were probably the best money could buy. They will stream audio from an i-phone and I even got a streaming box to stream from my tv and stereo. The VA furnishes all batteries and consumable items associated with the hearing aids at no cost to me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom