Vermont becomes first state to ban hydraulic fracturing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just love to read the opining of the faux hydrologists, seismologists, chemical engineers, etc. that come out on this board on this subject. My faith in mankind's ability to use reason and logic as effective problem-solving tools is continually called into question. Yes, let's just go with the usual appeal to emotion and slather it with a couple of ad hominem remarks...

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just love to read the opining of the faux hydrologists, seismologists, chemical engineers, etc. that come out on this board on this subject. My faith in mankind's ability to use reason and logic as effective problem-solving tools is continually called into question. Yes, let's just go with the usual appeal to emotion and slather it with a couple of ad hominem remarks...

The US Navy did not figure dumping all that paint thinner, JP, Gas, Solvent etc all around the place at NAS Jacksonville would cause any problems the 40 years they did it either.

Everybody from Picher moved to Commerce a couple of years ago... just sayin.

You dont have to be a weatherman to see which way the wind blows...(Dylan)

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
owu1bag5 said:
Any of y'all ever been on a Frac location? Know how it really works or anything about it othe than what the news channels tell you it does?

Yes I have.
I went out on a couple of frac sites a couple of years ago. At the time we manufactured the hoppers for Halliburton. All controlled by PLC'S.
The media used on the process was glass beads, pecan shells, or sand that was screened for consistancy, mixed with a slurry of drilling mud, then
Pumped into the wells that were about 2 miles deep. Then the frac'ing process started.
The pumps sent pulses into the slurry to fracture the surrounding rock/structure.
The deepest aquifer is around 2000' deep, and fracing is 2 miles deep in most cases.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm with you. The ground water needs to be protected.

The point of this story is that there is no fracking or even any drilling going on in Vermont...so the Governor's dog and pony show was nothing more than ineffectual environmental masturbation to appease the nuts up in my former homeland.

I'm sure there are plenty of other issues facing the State of Vermont that probably could have used some attention....like cheddar cheese purity standards and such. :wink2:

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The US Navy did not figure dumping all that paint thinner, JP, Gas, Solvent etc all around the place at NAS Jacksonville would cause any problems the 40 years they did it either.

Everybody from Picher moved to Commerce a couple of years ago... just sayin.

You dont have to be a weatherman to see which way the wind blows...(Dylan)

Dumping hydrocarbons at the surface is not the same as injecting some highly diluted chemicals thousands of feet below the ground. Not a valid comparison.

Latest posts

Top Bottom