Vudu

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any of you folks that use Roku and have not added in Vudu, I think it is a very good channel. A lot of free movies and TV and NOT 10 millions commercials. We added it yesterday and watched a couple of movies. They only had 3 or 4 commercial breaks with 3 commercials each break. We watched The Canterbury Ghost, the version with Patric Stewart, and I watch a cheesy old Japanese monster movie Gamera. Sadly most of it was in Japanese since it was the original black and white.

Several other Gamera movies so I think I am going to veg out and have a cheesy horror flic day since the wifey is off running amok and I am not allowed to do anything. I even think I hear a small pan of nachos calling my name.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wanted to ask, what are their On Demand prices like? I have not gotten around to checking them out yet.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wanted to ask, what are their On Demand prices like? I have not gotten around to checking them out yet.

We just use it for movies. New releases are $5 for HD, $6 for sound optimized HDX (if you've got a banger sound system), most older movies are between $1-$4. Never, in ten years, had a single problem with that service. But we use it less and less as other streaming PPV type services are catching up to them.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where the hell are these companies getting their names? Roku, vudu, hulu, Sounds like some Chinese dude with great hacking skills, lousy spelling and a little cash created a company that has one pair of pants and a lot of pockets.

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The IMDB app also has free movies. They're older movies, not current, but they are free. We can get the app on our Amazon Fire TV. Don't know about the other streaming devices.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was looking at free movies on Vudu and it showed 5089. Needless to say I did not check them all out.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where the hell are these companies getting their names? Roku, vudu, hulu, Sounds like some Chinese dude with great hacking skills, lousy spelling and a little cash created a company that has one pair of pants and a lot of pockets.
A lot of it has to do with a domain name being available; a lot of the shorter .com names have been gone for years (and none of those companies listed are particularly new). IIRC, all of the possible 3-letter .com names have been registered since the late '90s

Latest posts

Top Bottom