Waited around, need to submit my paperwork now for ok sda

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gl89aw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just a heads up for Tulsa county folks, Don't go to the Sheriffs office to be fingerprinted etc. They will just send you over to the records division at 303 W. 1st. street which is a heck of a lot easier to get in and out of. People taking the applications and fingerprints are very nice and excellent at their jobs. I thought it was a pretty pleasant experience myself.

homebrewer

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dear Homebrewer:
The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation received your Self-Defense Act License Application submitted online on 07/23/2014 and will begin processing.
Your SDA File number is
Thank you,
OSBI Self-Defense Act Unit
(405) 879-2690
[email protected]

I got this email today, so looks like everything is going well!

TPower

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dear Homebrewer:
The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation received your Self-Defense Act License Application submitted online on 07/23/2014 and will begin processing.
Your SDA File number is
Thank you,
OSBI Self-Defense Act Unit
(405) 879-2690

they will definitely let you know if you forgot something. I had to redo and resubmit my fingerprints and from there it took approx 45 days
[email protected]

I got this email today, so looks like everything is going well!

they will definitely let you know if you forgot something. I had to redo and resubmit my fingerprints and from there it took approx 45 days:hot:

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
they will definitely let you know if you forgot something. I had to redo and resubmit my fingerprints and from there it took approx 45 days:hot:
They dont always, I had made some kind of mistake on the form and they never called me. After the 90 day mark I called them to ask WTF and they told me I had an error - cant recall what it was but I corrected it over the phone and they proceeded. I dont know what would have happened had I not called.

zirrow

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had three family members drop their paperwork off at the Sheriff's office on 7/28 - one of them received their permit on 8/20, but the other 2 still haven't come in.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just a heads up for Tulsa county folks, Don't go to the Sheriffs office to be fingerprinted etc. They will just send you over to the records division at 303 W. 1st. street which is a heck of a lot easier to get in and out of. People taking the applications and fingerprints are very nice and excellent at their jobs. I thought it was a pretty pleasant experience myself.
Your SDA instructor should have provided you with the "where and WHEN to go" instructions. Much of the time individuals will be in and back out the door at Tulsa in about 20 minutes. The address you mention is the administrative, records and so forth office for Tulsa Co Sheriff.

The Tulsa Jail (Moss Center) on Denver has print and photo capability BUT is the location for law-breakers only. Even LE folks go to the 1st St location for their SDA work.

Latest posts

Top Bottom