Waiting tables is a lost art ... but since it makes for heavily discounted meals ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sometimes I wonder if things are ever going to get better in the service industry. I'm still waiting tables until I get a job that utilizes my degree but the people I work with are sometimes more concerned with their facebook or text messages and I really want to start taking their phones. There are good servers out there you're just lucky to find them anymore. I do what I can for my tables but sometimes things happen and I do get overwhelmed by one table which means the other tables suffer. However, it seems that you just happened upon the bad servers of the week.

Out of sheer curiosity...what is your degree in?

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We always get good service when we go out with youse guys ... My guess is your reputation preceeds you, grumpy!! :)

I hope so. Had lunch with old Indian friend and an old OU footballer from Kiowa county today at a Furr's buffet
cause that is where Indian wanted to go. My gosh, oh, senior citizen discount, too. Food was great and service great, had not eaten at a Furr's in over twenty years.

roachjuice

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I once tipped a hooters waitress .10 cents on a 50 dollar tab because she didn't refill my drink at all. She was busy flirting with some old regular. I don't go to hooters to gawk at boobs. I actually like their wings. Boobs is just a plus :D

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I once tipped a hooters waitress .10 cents on a 50 dollar tab because she didn't refill my drink at all. She was busy flirting with some old regular. I don't go to hooters to gawk at boobs. I actually like their wings. Boobs is just a plus :D

It's the turtle cheesecake that gets me in the door there. O.M.G. That stuff is sooooo good. GC laughs his arse off at me. Says if he didn't know better I'd think that stuff was better than sex ... What he doesn't know won't hurt him, will it?? :saywhat: LOL

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hope so. Had lunch with old Indian friend and an old OU footballer from Kiowa county today at a Furr's buffet
cause that is where Indian wanted to go. My gosh, oh, senior citizen discount, too. Food was great and service great, had not eaten at a Furr's in over twenty years.

Man ... Last time I was in a cafeteria like Luby's or Furr's Penn Square Mall was still a mall! I had a toddler and Son No. 2 was just hatched! Oh my ... I need my Geritol now ... :giveup:

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's the turtle cheesecake that gets me in the door there. O.M.G. That stuff is sooooo good. GC laughs his arse off at me. Says if he didn't know better I'd think that stuff was better than sex ... What he doesn't know won't hurt him, will it?? :saywhat: LOL

nothings better than cheesecake sex.

OKIE-CARBINE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
im one of those types that wont usually complain. but when our electricity was out, we decided to eat at friendship inn, in altus one morning for breakfast. we ordered and the food came fairly quickly. but that was the end of the waitress. never saw her again. at the cashier, the lady asked if everything was okay. i paused for a minute and then said yeah, everything but the service. she got a surprised look on her face. she asked where we were sitting and i pointed it out. but thats all she did. i said the waitress brought our food but that was it. i said i have been out of drink for 20 minutes. she just remained speechless. i thought for sure she would comp our drinks. nope. oh well. no tip and we wont be back. as bad as service is in altus, we are running out of places to eat.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mechanical Engineering. I just graduated in May and it seems that most companies get your application, wait a month or two, then contact you about either interviews or the dreaded "we went with another candidate" e-mail.

Holy hell...I thought engineering degrees were guaranteed instant employment these days. If engineers are having trouble, I wonder what type of difficulty awaits me in a few years should I decide to go to law school when I get back to the states.....

Latest posts

Top Bottom