Walmart is CRAZY!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure if this is state law, Walmart policy, Shawnee store policy, or just a grumpy employee's policy...

So I am currently not 21 and therefore am an 85% citizen of the US. Anyway, apparently if you even touch any beer at the cashier, you too must be carded ( or so the employee said). So I was helping my FIL get some beer out the cart and the cashier asks for MY ID. So then they wouldn't sell him the beer. He ended up going a couple aisles down.

But seriously, what a pain....I touched it and now I have to be carded?

I should have gone around touching everyone's beer and telling Wallyworld "now you can't sell any of this beer, AND I touched all the beer in the store....can't sell it either!!"

Forum ON

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From my point of view he could have been buying the beer for you since you were there helping him and it would be irresponsible of them not to make sure that you aren't a minor.

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I can't blame the clerk for covering themselves. If they did let it go and you consumed the beer and got into a horrible accident I'm sure someone would be suing Wal Mart for selling you the beer.

Michael

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was buying beer at 7-11 once and they carded my youngest brother, who didn't touch the beer nor was it even for him. He was of age at the time, but I asked why they carded him and they said it's because he's with me. So then I asked "what would you do if I had my 4 year old daughter in here with me?" and she couldn't answer that.

I guess on paper it's a good policy, but realistically it's a stupid waste of time.

Edit - I just realized you said you touched it. I guess a lesson learned in this case. Keep off the hooch until you're a man, son!

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From my point of view he could have been buying the beer for you since you were there helping him and it would be irresponsible of them not to make sure that you aren't a minor.

This^^^. You didn't have any business touching the beer. If I was a WalMart clerk I would have done the same thing. How do they know you weren't one of the under-age kids that the ABC board hires to do sting operations? Many stores now have a policy of carding everyone regardless of age. I've been carded at quite a few places. Instead of getting my panties all bunched up in a knot like you did I usually give the clerk a word of encouragement and thank them for doing their job and checking ID's. Grow up and get over yourself.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually, it is the law. They are not supposed to sell alcohol to anyone under 21 in the party. It is a CYA thing. When you get a little older, you will probably (at least you should) appreciate it.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got carded at WM for buying spray paint. Seriously...

I'm 43 years old and carded to buy spray paint.

Seriously!

Spray paint.

:anyone:

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got carded at WM for buying spray paint. Seriously...

I'm 43 years old and carded to buy spray paint.

Seriously!

Spray paint.

:anyone:

Were you also buying paper lunch sacks?

My friend watched a homeless (or at least homeless looking) guy get denied buying mouthwash at Wal Mart because they assumed he was going to go drink it. Which they were probably right, but I still don't agree with denying somebody the right to purchase something because of the potential for abuse.

I could be buying a kitchen knife set to go on a Stab-a-thon 5000.
I could be buying an axe to chop up the bodies.
I could be buying trash bags to store said body parts.
I could be buying lighter fluid to torch the evidence.
I could be buying a shovel to bury the ashes.

Not that I've thought about it or anything, but anything can be abused, and the right to deny a sale based off the idea that someone is guilty until proven innocent kind of sucks, but stores do have the right to refuse service to any one, so whatevs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom