Walmart is CRAZY!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
why give them a hard time? if its the stores policy than it is their policy. you dont like it, get your beer somewhere else. while you may not be doing anything wrong but the next person might. Or the next person may be a sting operation and cost the cashier their job plus whatever the municipalities fines are. I assure you that if there is a ticket written wal-mart isnt picking up the tab. like said before CYA

ByrdC130

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Don't go thru the self check out line with spray paint and a 550 box of Remington GB .22's. Happened just when they started teh spray paint scare a couple of years ago. Had to go to the CS desk and write a statement of what I was wanting the paint, ammo and why I went thru the self service check out. I wanted to paint some targets BTW.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Walmart: Where an underage person in line can't touch the beer but where someone can purchase $300 worth of junk food groceries using food stamps and $100 worth of cigarettes with cash.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure if this is state law, Walmart policy, Shawnee store policy, or just a grumpy employee's policy...

So I am currently not 21 and therefore am an 85% citizen of the US. Anyway, apparently if you even touch any beer at the cashier, you too must be carded ( or so the employee said). So I was helping my FIL get some beer out the cart and the cashier asks for MY ID. So then they wouldn't sell him the beer. He ended up going a couple aisles down.

But seriously, what a pain....I touched it and now I have to be carded?

I should have gone around touching everyone's beer and telling Wallyworld "now you can't sell any of this beer, AND I touched all the beer in the store....can't sell it either!!"

Forum ON

Let's be a little less egocentric here, it's the store's policy and the cashier was just covering their ass so they could put bread on the table. Trust me, I've seen some people lose their job over not enforcing a REALLY stupid circumstance involving our wonderful Oklahoma blue laws.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A cashier at the Buy 4 Less store I shop at got popped for selling beer to hot (under 21) chick w/o carding her...
got charged with a misdemeanor, had to get a lawyer, pay a fine, go to victim impact panel, had to go to 10 AA meetings...
not sure if he lost his driver's license... so don't get too upset with the clerk doing their job

jsl_pt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
About 15 years ago in my school days i got rejected and could not buy Whiteout at the local Walmart. It had a thing pop up on the register and she couldn't sell it to me unless I was over 18. I think that may have been a temporary thing during one of the huffing scares, not sure if all walmarts did it or just regionally, hopefully they don't still do that, but haven't needed whiteout in forever...

Latest posts

Top Bottom