Walmart is CRAZY!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At least now you know not to touch the beer until you're 21. That employer was just covering her butt. Next time just go somewhere else if that bothers you.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This^^^. You didn't have any business touching the beer. If I was a WalMart clerk I would have done the same thing. How do they know you weren't one of the under-age kids that the ABC board hires to do sting operations? Many stores now have a policy of carding everyone regardless of age. I've been carded at quite a few places. Instead of getting my panties all bunched up in a knot like you did I usually give the clerk a word of encouragement and thank them for doing their job and checking ID's. Grow up and get over yourself.

Your attempt at butthurt went in my eyes and out my ears. Someone stayed up too late.
I have nothing to get over, I don't drink and won't be drinking when I turn 21 in November. This is an obviously ridiculous regulation, considering I could touch everyone else's beer. Nevermind the regulation I have to be 21.....

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually, it is the law. They are not supposed to sell alcohol to anyone under 21 in the party. It is a CYA thing. When you get a little older, you will probably (at least you should) appreciate it.

I've never encountered this before and have often accompanied people buying beer in Walmart...so this was an odd surprise.
I don't drink and don't plan on it after I turn 21, but I don't appreciate being prohibited from drinking though I can vote, sign contracts, be conscripted, be prosecuted as an adult, smoke, dip, chew, drive, own a business, etc....

I know this out of the thread but still...

I do understand CYA though....

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My bifocals are real, my wrinkles are real, and what little hair I have left is gray. Yes my dear. It may be impossibe to believe, but I ackturly am twenty one, so hows about a date sweet heart?

BTW:Don't say that to a young lady. She's only doing her crappy job. Don't be like me. Don't ever be like me.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I cant help but laugh at some of the regualtions we have to put up with. Sad thing is it is not even real beer, only watered down 3.2 crap.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm just trying to navigate my way through this sad dystopian world, and Oklahoma and WalMart won't even let me get drunk. How in god's name did it come to this?

okmic1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From my point of view he could have been buying the beer for you since you were there helping him and it would be irresponsible of them not to make sure that you aren't a minor.
That's actually what's behind the policy. My wife is a cashier. It's easier to follow policy than it is to deal with a holes trying to get some homeless guy to buy beer for them. If people are obviously together buying beer they'll ask for id on all the people there. About the only time they don't card all is when it's an adult with a child.

The spray paint thing comes up on the walmart computer when it gets scanned. I've never had them ask my age before, but if you're watching the screen you'll see the question pop up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom