Walmart is CRAZY!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From my point of view he could have been buying the beer for you since you were there helping him and it would be irresponsible of them not to make sure that you aren't a minor.
I disagree....it's really none of their business.
I mean, why don't they just go right ahead and follow them home to check for additional 'minors' in the household?
...and 18 isn't a "minor" anyway...

I don't drink and don't plan on it after I turn 21, but I don't appreciate being prohibited from drinking though I can vote, sign contracts, be conscripted, be prosecuted as an adult, smoke, dip, chew, drive, own a business, etc.....
Yes...it's total bullSh!+, in my opinion....either you are an adult or you are not. period.
That's the only thing that really makes sense.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I disagree....it's really none of their business.
I mean, why don't they just go right ahead and follow them home to check for additional 'minors' in the household?
...and 18 isn't a "minor" anyway...

Yes...it's total bullSh!+, in my opinion....either you are an adult or you are not. period.
That's the only thing that really makes sense.

[Broken External Image]

You're alright!

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is one of those rules that like someone else said sounds good on paper but in reality is a complete failure. Most people know this sort of thing happens, heck even 15+ yrs ago when I used to have people go buy it for me, I would not go stand next to them. Point is, the rule will not stop one single underage person from getting beer. If they ran into this rule at Walmart, they will just go to the next cashier, or next store and try again, this time keeping their distance.

I doubt things have changed that much since I was a kid - if you wanted beer, you could get it no problem, someone always has a older brother, friend, etc. Heck, we used to just ask random people going into Quiktrip, offer a little extra cash and we'd have it.

I agree that it is wrong that you can vote, serve in our armed forces, and yet not drink in this country. The OP's 85% citizen comment is dead on. The funny thing is, countries with no or lower drinking ages have LESS problems with alcohol that we do in the USA. Its the culture that needs changed.

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, so let me get this straight. If a disabled WWII vet wants to buy a beer at Walmart, he has to get his 90 year old wife to set it up on the conveyor instead of his 19 year old grandson?

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, so let me get this straight. If a disabled WWII vet wants to buy a beer at Walmart, he has to get his 90 year old wife to set it up on the conveyor instead of his 19 year old grandson?

Yup, thats correct.

Next time have cashier scan it while its in the cart. Of course who placed in the cart is unknown. If you ask a wal mart employee to place it in the cart, card them first, be sure they are over 21.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Were you also buying paper lunch sacks?

My friend watched a homeless (or at least homeless looking) guy get denied buying mouthwash at Wal Mart because they assumed he was going to go drink it. Which they were probably right, but I still don't agree with denying somebody the right to purchase something because of the potential for abuse.

I could be buying a kitchen knife set to go on a Stab-a-thon 5000.
I could be buying an axe to chop up the bodies.
I could be buying trash bags to store said body parts.
I could be buying lighter fluid to torch the evidence.
I could be buying a shovel to bury the ashes.

Not that I've thought about it or anything, but anything can be abused, and the right to deny a sale based off the idea that someone is guilty until proven innocent kind of sucks, but stores do have the right to refuse service to any one, so whatevs.

Nope... just one can of ... get this. CLEAR COAT! It was't even gold or silver or the typical stuff you hear of the degenerates doing (or used to do...? Is sniffing paint even still something they do?)

I even brought it to her attention that it wasn't gold or silver and you know what she said...

I dare you, c'mon guess.

She says... "Well, It's because the kids are going out and "tagging", you know graffiti 'en sech".

:shocked:

She just stood there slack jawed with a little drool coming from her mouth when I made sure she understood that I was buying CLEAR COAT!

:bye:

dowmace

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
HMFIC said:
Nope... just one can of ... get this. CLEAR COAT! It was't even gold or silver or the typical stuff you hear of the degenerates doing (or used to do...? Is sniffing paint even still something they do?)

I even brought it to her attention that it wasn't gold or silver and you know what she said...

I dare you, c'mon guess.

She says... "Well, It's because the kids are going out and "tagging", you know graffiti 'en sech".

:shocked:

She just stood there slack jawed with a little drool coming from her mouth when I made sure she understood that I was buying CLEAR COAT!

:bye:

I tired to buy spray paint when I was 17 and got turned down because I might be huffing it. I had to ask the manager if that was my plan why do I also have sand paper, masking tape, and bondo. Is it not obvious what I am doing?

landman873

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you get a good cashier and look over 21 they will enter a bogus b day on the screen. I asked one day why not see my ID and she said you look over 21 and it saves time. I appreciated that.

On the huffing thing last i heard they were onto bath salts how in the hell you figure that crap out is beyond me.

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So if my Dad has my daughter with him (age14, my daughter not my Dad, ) he cant buy beer? What if Grandpa has a bad back and someone under 21 is just helping him lift heavy items then no beer? Wow I see as slowing underage drinking. What a joke.

Latest posts

Top Bottom