Walmart pulling ammo and gun displays.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
By Associated Press | October 30, 2020 at 4:27 PM CDT - Updated October 30 at 4:43 PM

NEW YORK (AP) — Walmart has reversed course, announcing it is returning ammunition and firearms to their displays in its U.S. stores.

On Thursday the nation’s largest retailer said it had removed the items from displays due to “civil unrest” in some areas of the country. Guns and ammunition, however, had remained for sale at the stores, just not visible to shoppers.

But on Friday Walmart said the items had been restored to displays because the unrest has remained isolated.

HJB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
By Associated Press | October 30, 2020 at 4:27 PM CDT - Updated October 30 at 4:43 PM

NEW YORK (AP) — Walmart has reversed course, announcing it is returning ammunition and firearms to their displays in its U.S. stores.

On Thursday the nation’s largest retailer said it had removed the items from displays due to “civil unrest” in some areas of the country. Guns and ammunition, however, had remained for sale at the stores, just not visible to shoppers.

But on Friday Walmart said the items had been restored to displays because the unrest has remained isolated.
Yes it has been isolated only to those cities where antifa and blm organize the riots for that evening. So look on the antifa and blm websites to see what day they have scheduled for your neighborhood.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How about the pharmacy full of opioids and adderall/speed? They didn’t close it an that’s the real honey pot. Not traceable serial numbered guns.

Other than 12 gauge and oddball calibers there’s almost no ammo anyway.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who really cares what Wally World does?
While I truly hate wally and understand you sentiment, they are the biggest player in consumables.. You know who owns the largest ships in the world.. Wally, to and from china they go.. It really has gotten to the point where without a reset this ship is not going to correct it's path.. Sad to say..

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are many reasons to dislike Walmart, but they have built a major business in America, building in America, creating millions of jobs, many of those jobs are held by folks that likely would not be employable by other retailers. I admire that accomplishment. I'm in one of the supercenters probably once a month, but because of the locations of the neighborhood markets, we do a lot of grocery shopping in those.

I understand their decision to move firearms and ammo, after seeing the actions of some of the "peaceful protesters" last week in Philadelphia, and also understand the decision to replace those items in locations where "protesting" is not as likely. Management decisions are much more difficult these days balancing concerns from their legal departments and customer base.

As a customer, I could, and have, contacted businesses with my thoughts on their policies, and have far more often have thought about my standpoint and recognized that they probably knew more about the circumstances than I did.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
My wife’s side of the family is predominantly liberal. Educators, non-profits,journalists etc. I used to ask for Walmart cards for Christmas or bdays. I’d go buy a new gun with them. They never knew they were adding to my collection of boat anchors.
The Walmart at danforth and Santa Fe in Edmond is barren of guns and ammo as of today.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are many reasons to dislike Walmart, but they have built a major business in America, building in America, creating millions of jobs, many of those jobs are held by folks that likely would not be employable by other retailers. I admire that accomplishment. I'm in one of the supercenters probably once a month, but because of the locations of the neighborhood markets, we do a lot of grocery shopping in those.

I understand their decision to move firearms and ammo, after seeing the actions of some of the "peaceful protesters" last week in Philadelphia, and also understand the decision to replace those items in locations where "protesting" is not as likely. Management decisions are much more difficult these days balancing concerns from their legal departments and customer base.

As a customer, I could, and have, contacted businesses with my thoughts on their policies, and have far more often have thought about my standpoint and recognized that they probably knew more about the circumstances than I did.

I remember from some time back that Walmart wanted to build a super center somewhere in south Chicago. City council fought them on every front, so Walmart built their store just outside of Chicago's city limits. If I remember right, there were thousands of applicants for something less than 400 employee positions for the store.

And, in spite of everything else, I've noticed that wherever a Walmart goes up, additional strip centers spring up near it, giving more space for other businesses to benefit from the customer traffic going to Walmart.

And, for good measure, I don't have an issue going to a Walmart to shop. Primarily, we are getting our groceries and some other things there, but most major purchases are made elsewhere, mainly because of quality.

Latest posts

Top Bottom