Walmart pulling ammo and gun displays.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was in the Newcastle Walmart today. Zero ammo on the shelves and the gun racks were empty. There were signs that said if you wanted anything to ask an associate to get it for you. I asked the kid at the counter for a 100 round box of 12 gauge.

When he came back I asked him why all the stuff was in the back. He told me that a Walmart in PA had rioters that took some guns and an order came down to secure all the stuff in the back. I asked him about all the sharp pointy things in the cases and on the shelves and he just shook his head and they didn’t say anything about them.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Isn't our job/right/responsibility as customers to let companies know what we think of their policies and what direction we want them to go with their business to provide the products we want/need? I mean, if companies make decisions and never hear what their customers think about those decisions, they make think they made the right choice, when in fact they've alienated their customer base.

I believe in speaking with your wallet AND your voice.
Very respectfully sir, you do you.
I certainly have the right to let sellers know what I think about their new policies.
But I don't work for them, so it isn't my job to do so.
And they're not paying me consulting fees to tell them the smart thing to do so it isn't my responsibility either.

If a company screws up and alienates their customer base, hopefully they will find out.
[I had typed a cynical comment here comparing some Walmart consumers to sports fanatics, but I deleted it.]

One more thought, if I may.
Elsewhere in this thread, someone asked the question (I am paraphrasing), aren't we getting kind of feisty here? I think that's a legit question.
If one is displeased with policies at Walmart or another company, I say by all means voice your opinion but would politely suggest doing so in a manner that doesn't make you look like an escapee from a rabies ward.

P.S. - For the record I am not a fan of Walmart. They pissed me off long before they starting changing around their policies on gun and ammo sales.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very respectfully sir, you do you.
I certainly have the right to let sellers know what I think about their new policies.
But I don't work for them, so it isn't my job to do so.
And they're not paying me consulting fees to tell them the smart thing to do so it isn't my responsibility either.

If a company screws up and alienates their customer base, hopefully they will find out.
[I had typed a cynical comment here comparing some Walmart consumers to sports fanatics, but I deleted it.]

One more thought, if I may.
Elsewhere in this thread, someone asked the question (I am paraphrasing), aren't we getting kind of feisty here? I think that's a legit question.
If one is displeased with policies at Walmart or another company, I say by all means voice your opinion but would politely suggest doing so in a manner that doesn't make you look like an escapee from a rabies ward.

P.S. - For the record I am not a fan of Walmart. They pissed me off long before they starting changing around their policies on gun and ammo sales.

No, I get it, I meant job/right/responsibility in the 'social' sense, as in we have a responsibility to society to try to improve it through feedback. OBVIOUSLY I didn't mean we were employees of the company or had a responsibility to WAL-MART to try to improve their business model.

COME ON, MAN! lol

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Removed as an "abundance of caution" :hellno:

Hire you some of these to protect your stores!

iu
Be

Become an American Company again like these guys are defending in LA!
This action by walmart was nothing but a bow down to the liberal progressives. A company of this size can hire army's of security that will not allow anyone near their stores but they are scared of the legal system and want to placate progressives with this decision.
liberals have skewed our laws where it's easier to let the looters in and insurance pay for the damage vs defending your store.
Guess who is paying for this damage and looting?
It's you and I. Don't doubt me on this.
Your premiums have gone up or will go up to cover this. The insurance companies don't lose money. Any losses are covered by insurance premiums paid by the customer. That's how that system works.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was in the Newcastle Walmart today. Zero ammo on the shelves and the gun racks were empty. There were signs that said if you wanted anything to ask an associate to get it for you. I asked the kid at the counter for a 100 round box of 12 gauge.

When he came back I asked him why all the stuff was in the back. He told me that a Walmart in PA had rioters that took some guns and an order came down to secure all the stuff in the back. I asked him about all the sharp pointy things in the cases and on the shelves and he just shook his head and they didn’t say anything about them.
How about the ink pens to jab in eyes, spray insecticides, and bottles of hand sanitizers to throw in people's eyes?
There are dozens of "dangerous items" in walmart stores. Infants and trash bags? You see where this is going?

Latest posts

Top Bottom