Walmart Receipt Checking Lawsuits Thrown Out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have been regular customers of Walmart for some years, and because of our Summer jobs, we've been in their stores in multiple states. I can't even remember when someone asked us for a receipt. Even here in Rhode Island, we bought some bottled water and offered to show our receipt to the person at the door, and they didn't even look at it, but told us to have a great day.

Maybe our age is a factor in not being asked.

Aku

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Walmart and other stores sell cheap foreign made stuff because that's what the American shopper wants.
I kinda agree with this. However, for some us working stiffs, I buy cheap because I have too.
People will steal anything. Personally, I think a lot of these problems could be solved if everything became delivery only. No more indoor shopping at these mega martS. Pay for it prior, then get it delivered. Then you wouldn’t have to worry about people going in the store and stealing things.
Or curbside pickup, instead of delivery. I've thought about this before, and think this is the way of the coming world. Robots will stack and load orders. Then at a prescribed time, or maybe a text, or some other indication, the robot will push your order to the loading dock. Don't necessarily like it, but I think its coming.

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
It’s the future. There are stores that are shutting down and moving out of state because of thieves. California for instance.

Those women need to just get old school and plug that baby into a titty if they don’t want to buy formula like every other civilized working person. The amount of women that can’t produce milk is minuscule. Mamas milk is free.

You sound like you’re sympathizing with thieves, and feel bad for them. Maybe you need to start a charity and start donating formula seeing as you see the need to help deadbeats, not wanting to pay their way.
My wife was one that couldn't produce milk, so I started looking into it. Seems it is more of a psychological thing than a physical thing.

Those stores are also leaving for one reason..because keeping people alive isn't as profitable as making sure they are seen as the alternative. Meaning middle class will fear their outcome.

Corporations don't care about you...foreign concept, but if you have bought a Ford every 10y they don't care if you do it again.

I dont feel bad for thieves either, I feel bad for those who would label other to make themselves feel better.

I been homeless, lived at a loves truck stop for better part of 7m till I saved up enough to get a car. Met some homeless along the way.

Spoke with them about their situation and learned many are that way by choice, many also would like to be acknowledged simply as a human.

I dont think you realize that civilization as you know it is three consecutively missed meals from revolution. Do you know what rent it at this point?

I was in solare Apts in war acres for 5 years, when they wanted to renew on a 2bdrm 2bath it went from 760 to 1100. People are about to be desperate.

So should we feel sorry for them? Absolutely not...we should be human to them, not look down on them the same way you would a homeless in the street.

As for starting a charity, na...I don't need the tax break, I am mid 6 figure now. We make them breakfast as they wonder Del City where I live. Ask them how they are doing. Get to know there names so when I see one dead in the road after hit by some elderly citizen who took them as a threat, but kept going as they were just human garbage....

I can make sure they rest with some dignity. They wave to my kid from the other side of the street when he walks home from school. You know...people things that just require empathy nothing more.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have visited Walmart in many states over the past few years. One thing that seems extremely noticeable is that the receipt request is racially motivated. Personally, when they asked me for my receipt, I said no thank you and keep walking. I’ve only had one or two people follow me and I have reminded them that touching me is battery and I am willing and able to respond in kind.

I get asked for a receipt often, its when a item or items are not bagged. Thats the policy.

I am also almost 60 and white. The people asking to see my receipt are white as well.

Its not a racial issue.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I get asked for a receipt often, its when a item or items are not bagged. Thats the policy.

I am also almost 60 and white. The people asking to see my receipt are white as well.

Its not a racial issue.
I understand the policy like you. I guess some have a guilty mentality. I don’t get why some get so butt hurt from them asking to see the receipt.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I understand the policy like you. I guess some have a guilty mentality. I don’t get why some get so butt hurt from them asking to see the receipt.

I see retail theft daily.

Stopped an older white customer the other day that had stuffed his back pockets full of drill bits and other small items.
Never would have thought it. But the guy was heading out the door without paying when we asked him about the items in his back pocket that his shirt was hung up on. That’s the only way we would have known

He handed the items over and left. I suggested he not come back.

If he does I will tag him all over the store.

It’s nuts what folks try to steal.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It couldn’t have anything to do with shrinkage
giphy.gif

Latest posts

Top Bottom