Wanenmacher gun show April 1-2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Excitement level for upcoming Wanenmacher

• Well Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes: 40 42.6%
  • Meh

Votes: 30 31.9%
  • Gotta mow the yard

Votes: 12 12.8%
  • Wake me up when it's Monday

Votes: 15 16.0%

• Total voters

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Estate liquidation
Lower level
Early 1800's- 2000. 5 tables
Section LC 17. Tables 3-7
Broomhandles lugers p38's. Winchesters 66, 86, 95, 90, 12
enfields
1911 rem rand complete slide and frame correct Radom nambu on and on.
Stop on by. Ed

Last edited:

rhart

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve pretty much decided what gun I want next. I’m debating between just going and buying it tomorrow at a store that I know has it in stock or going and walking the gun show this weekend in hopes of saving a few bucks. I’ll probably just buy it tomorrow and spend the weekend shooting.
Back in the old days I could always find the gun I wanted cheaper at Wannemachers - especially at a booth called "Doc Walthers" always had Sigs and other guns for good prices (used to be a Sig Fanboy now I prefer CZs).

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Screenshot_20230330-181223.png
Screenshot_20230330-181233.png

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My first Wanenmacher show was round the mid 70's, talk about a different show/world. Anybody remember Blue Star cartridge and brass in the 90's? From around midday Sun. on dealers(especially out of towners) who didn't sell enough would be much more open to haggling because they had travel expenses on top of table fees.
I've seen my last show some years ago, (I refuse to ride a mobie). As others have said it's different now that Mr. W passed, from what I hear it'll be different this show too, the raising table prices will mean at least one big vendor
not being there(Wes Galloway) and talk/rumor of a ticket price hike to $25. For what the show is now don't think I'd go if I could, do hope those of you that go enjoy it.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bam, a 50% price hike for tickets. That’s not good optics for the future.
That's one way to look at it.

On the other hand, the gun shows that are maybe one fourth as big have charged $14 for years. It usually took me about an hour and a half to cover them at a moderate pace. I can cover all of Wannenmachers in one day but you have to hustle.

So while it's a significant price increase percentage wise, it's still a bargain compared to the smaller shows... and I don't remember it ever being less than $10, so they haven't increased admission prices in quite a while. It's still not a bad deal if you want to spend all day looking at guns and associated products. Having said that, I probably wouldn't go but my friend wants to take the SKS I have listed in the classifieds and see if he can sell it, or at least get a better idea of what it's worth.

My advice on going to gun shows for several years has been you probably won't save much money on purchases there, but you can find just about anything you might be looking for... or maybe didn't even know you were looking for it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom