Wanting to buy a whole beef….

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, my bad. :brick:

He was 828 ibs on the hoof, 478 was total dressed. I'm getting half of that.

we brought home close to 300 pounds on the 1/2 we bought. That’s not counting the extra ground beef we bought. Grass fed, finished with corn or some sort of grain before slaughter. Bought it before and the meat is fantastic. We can’t seem to eat store bought now.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
we brought home close to 300 pounds on the 1/2 we bought. That’s not counting the extra ground beef we bought. Grass fed, finished with corn or some sort of grain before slaughter. Bought it before and the meat is fantastic. We can’t seem to eat store bought now.
Yeah, once you eat fresh, you'll throw rocks at that store boght sheet.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Forgot to update this thread. We ended up getting a 1/2 beef + an extra 69lbs of hamburger in Campo, Colorado. Total came out to around $2100. Was only about an hour and a half drive for me. Left in the morning early enough that I didn’t even have to bring coolers. Just stuck it in the back of my pickup bed and came back home. Still frozen.

It's been many a year since I heard the name of that Colorado town. It is roughly 40 miles or so from where I grew up. We used to play Little League baseball and play them.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here’s the steer I’m getting half of this year.
F7EE98C5-407D-4B19-A95B-47B2FB9AEF7A.jpeg
E35E301C-FB38-468C-B038-6D5F6317313C.jpeg

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
grass fed? in the winter when grass is dormant? the term should be "finished" not fed
There's a lot of wheat grazing in Oklahoma. Some pull off the cattle early enough to harvest the wheat, and some graze it out.

I planted barley one year in the fall (strictly for forage), and the cattle quit coming to feed in February. Well, a few still would, but most of 'em just kept grazing the barley field and would barely look up when I blew the pickup horn.

My point is that not all winter pasture in Oklahoma is dormant.
___

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was quoted $3.14 per lb for a quarter side of free range beef, and they're sold out. Then one has to pay for processing. which is usually around $145-1$50 for a 1/4 side around 197#.

Latest posts

Top Bottom