Wanting to buy a whole beef….

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't vouch for these, but I've heard good things about Mikes Meats in Cordell, and there's a new one in Sayre called Rt 66 Beef, or Meat, something like that.

I've got to get a new upright freezer first before I do anything else.

Good luck to yall.

Harp13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cheek Ranch in Yukon has put up signs on highway 4 touting their beef boxes as "Yukon's best kept secret". Just checked online. Closer to $10/lb for a quarter.

https://cheekranch.com/store/quarter-boxed-beef/
1645580905034.png

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone know the best place to buy a whole beef? Not bothered to make a drive if it’s worth it. I have a friend wanting to split a whole beef and trying to find the best place…

Local ranch I checked out is $4.75 a pound… This ranch selling claims a 1/2 beef is 400-500lbs of meat.

Depending on how far you want to drive, but there is a local farmer/rancher up by Guthrie, OK that sells beef. If I remember right, the wife said that it was something like $4.60 a pound. In addition to selling by the side or quarter or whatever, they also have a store on the farm that has multiple freezers where one can buy the meat by the package.

We had tried out their round steak, and then yesterday, we picked up some hamburger and sausage and ordered a whole hog and half a beef. I think he said that the beef would be ready sometime in May, but the pork will be sooner.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The farm and garden section on craigslist typically has listings for beef of your local area. I'd suspect some of them could be found on that posted website as well. Farmers taking advantange of all advertising possible, especially the free sites.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Forgot to update this thread. We ended up getting a 1/2 beef + an extra 69lbs of hamburger in Campo, Colorado. Total came out to around $2100. Was only about an hour and a half drive for me. Left in the morning early enough that I didn’t even have to bring coolers. Just stuck it in the back of my pickup bed and came back home. Still frozen.

Latest posts

Top Bottom