Wanting to do a raised bed...maybe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scube

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Raised beds are the way to go for me. Check out the book Square Foot Gardening. It is amazing how much you can do with so little! You do not need more than 5 inches for anything except potatoes. Those can be done in less than a foot... and done very well. If you want potato ideas, youtube has an awesome selection of different ways to grow them. The 'mels mix' soil from the book is great for growing and retains moisture like a champ. The beds allow almost no weeds. Water 2-3 times a week and call it good.

clock152

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Raised beds are the way to go for me. Check out the book Square Foot Gardening. It is amazing how much you can do with so little! You do not need more than 5 inches for anything except potatoes. Those can be done in less than a foot... and done very well. If you want potato ideas, youtube has an awesome selection of different ways to grow them. The 'mels mix' soil from the book is great for growing and retains moisture like a champ. The beds allow almost no weeds. Water 2-3 times a week and call it good.

this!... we are doing this this year.. I have four 4X4 beds ready to go.. built them using some old privacy fence boards I had.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Becker, the potato barrels work GREAT! Just make sure you keep the soil mixture on the light side ... I mixed 50/50 potting soil and the hay/rabbit poo I gathered up out of my rabbit's colony pen ...

I did one barrel last year (red potatoes) ... it worked so well I'm gonna go 4 this year ...

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom