Warning about sprint cell phone company

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhawknokc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What you just described is done by all the large cell companies, I just recently left Tmobile for sprint because of the possible merger with AT&T, sprint has been the best provider I've ever had and I've used all except for verizon at some point or another. Your just lucky sprint has cheap termination fees if you had left ATT it would have been 500ish and tmobile 250ish depending on your contract.

+100% agree. I get a 30% discount as well off the service.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There was no early upgrade, the early upgrade wasn't vaild. As per the Sprint Store. And once I told that to the Sprint saleperson on the phone, I wasn't eligible. It was for a totally new line of service which she finally fessed up after I told her I wasn't eligible until 4/1/11.

And the person I talked to on the phone said I could upgrade and never told me that my upgrade date and my contract date were not the same. And it was a $50 dollar termination fee.

There was NO early upgrade. When I was eligible for upgrade I switched to a different carrier thinking my contract was up. To me it was under handed. Because I thought my upgrade date and my contract date were the same. No where on my bill or on line do they say they are different. And yes I'm complaining. Very loudly.

12 month or 23 month upgrades standard with sprint. I've upgraded full discount at 21 months previously. Contract you sign or verbally agree to says this. It is their job to bill you - your job to make sure your plan and bill is correct. Shame ya had a bad experience but enjoy a higher bill

Can't you just let a guy rant?

no

Relentless

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It always makes me laugh when people assume something that is incorrect and then get mad at the other party. The misinformation is definitely their fault but the early termination is surely not

spamby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
12 month or 23 month upgrades standard with sprint. I've upgraded full discount at 21 months previously. Contract you sign or verbally agree to says this. It is their job to bill you - your job to make sure your plan and bill is correct. Shame ya had a bad experience but enjoy a higher bill

no

Actually 12 or 24 month upgrade is what they have. I met my upgrade but didn't reach the end of my contract. Upgrade date and end of contract dates are two separete dates. I became a Sprint customer in 1998 and since then haven't read the contracts. And as for higher prices, I checked my usage and I'll have an cheaper package with roll over where I went. And I have a problem doing business with people who I have found weren't forth right with me. I feel Sprint has done that to me, so I found a different carrier that has a clean slate with me. And yes my rant is over now.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The best cell company out right now is probably boost mobile. I think they get a bad rap because people think they are for drug dealers or pimps or poor people. They operate on the Sprint network, so your level of service is the same of Sprint. The + for boost is you are month to month with no early term fees. If you want to keep your service just pay your bill. If not then don't pay it, it's that simple.

My dad just switched to them and his plan with all the same service is half the price of what his other carrier was. I'd say who his carrier was but I cant remember. Nextel maybe.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sprint is shady. I recorded people I talked to and played them back to them when the started lying.

This is how I got out of my contract with them. I recorded them and turned them into the BBB. They lied to me and told me the only way they would let me out was if I died." Then she laughed" As soon as the BBB contacted them, they had a complete change of heart. I have had some bad cell service, but nobody that treated me as bad as Sprint.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not a cell kind'a guy. Wife is but not me. I have a trac phone. That said my question is why pay the termination fee. Just blow 'em off. If the early termination fee is to pay for the fancy phone they gave you when you signed up (doubtful) then just give it back.

Are the cell companies in cahoots? If you stiff one can you not sign up with another one?

WTF? Over!

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What you just described is done by all the large cell companies, I just recently left Tmobile for sprint because of the possible merger with AT&T, sprint has been the best provider I've ever had and I've used all except for verizon at some point or another. Your just lucky sprint has cheap termination fees if you had left ATT it would have been 500ish and tmobile 250ish depending on your contract.

This. Don't see the problem since the mistake was on your part confusing and upgrade date for a contract date.

Skiluvr03

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I've had several cell phone providers over the years and Sprint has by far been the best so far. I also get a corporate discount from them that I like. I found out a lot of the providers give such discounts, but you have to ask, they aren't going to offer it to you. So, whatever provider you get, ask for a discount for your job.

Latest posts

Top Bottom