Warning about sprint cell phone company

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sprint has been pretty good for me. My wife ran up a huge bill a few years ago browsing for some wallpaper on an old crappy phone. This was not a smartphone and we had no data plan. She was browsing and browsing for hours unknowingly getting charged. The bill was like 75 bucks just for that. I called them up to see if they could cut it in half or something if I turned off data access. To my surprise, they took it all off. I had another issue where something happened and they helped me right out with it. Overall, I have been pretty happy. We got our HTC EVO's last year and we love them. Pretty much the best phone out there. The only thing I hate about Sprint, is the offshore sales calls to our phones. They call and try to sell you extra lines of service and crap. I keep telling them to stop calling me and it seems like they sneak through every 4-6 mos or so. Again, overall, Sprint has been great for me.

Bk2X

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been with sprint for 14 years and finally have 1 complaint. I take advantage of their 150 dollar upgrade every 20 months and my most recent upgrade was to the HTC Evo back in October. The phone is absolutely amazing since it is on Android so you can flash custom roms and put software on just by downloading the apk file. My complaint is that here in Oklahoma they still make you pay a 10 dollar premium data charge just for having the phone even though you pay for an unlimited data package. They first said its to help pay for 4g but they recently said it is because I have a smartphone that can use more data. One of these days we will get 4g speeds here and I will be happy to pay the 10 extra bucks but seems like for the past 7 months it has been a complete waste.

cowboydoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
...haven't read the contracts.

^^^This could be part of the problem. :hithead:

I have Sprint and it took me about 10 seconds to login to my account and with one click I can check and see when my contract is up on each line as well as when it is eligible for an upgrade.

On the other hand if a salesman was feeding you BS I would be upset as well. But then I don't take sales calls - put it in writing for me and I'll get back to you if I'm interested, thanks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom