Warning about sprint cell phone company

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spamby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well today I was eligible to upgrade my phone and decided to switch to a different carrier. Well your upgrade date and your contract date are to different dates. So I got hit with an early termination of my contract. So my next bill will be close to $150 bucks instead of $80ish since the penalty. My wife still has her phone with Sprint. Shes not eligible to cancell her contract without a penalty. So stay away from Sprint or if you do use them be very careful. And this was after two weeks earlier them calling and telling me I was eligible to upgrade my phone when I was really not eligible until today(4/1/11). I found that out by going to my local store. I have such a bad taste in my mouth from Sprint. I fill like I've been had. Oh and the lady on the phone today told me that I'm a preferred customer and to go to my rewards page on sprint.com to see what I get for being such a great customer. Man I'm afraid to look at that page, wondering what they would have in store for me.

I'm not bad mouthing Sprint, but telling what happened to me.:eek2:

So be very carefull, very very carefull when dealing with Sprint. When my wifes contract is up with them we are getting as far away as we can. I don't trust most big companies but now I really don't trust SPRINT.

Ok my rant is over and I'll enjoy my motorola ATRIX.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
really? you are complaining because they offered an early upgrade and you took that as end of contract? and because they were offering to upgrade you via phone calls for 2 weeks before you were 100% eligible...and because they charged you 70 dollars for an early termination fee?

so you rant here instead of calling, and you went by phone upgrade instead of verifying before you switched...that makes sense

dowmace

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
What you just described is done by all the large cell companies, I just recently left Tmobile for sprint because of the possible merger with AT&T, sprint has been the best provider I've ever had and I've used all except for verizon at some point or another. Your just lucky sprint has cheap termination fees if you had left ATT it would have been 500ish and tmobile 250ish depending on your contract.

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
really? you are complaining because they offered an early upgrade and you took that as end of contract? and because they were offering to upgrade you via phone calls for 2 weeks before you were 100% eligible...and because they charged you 70 dollars for an early termination fee?

so you rant here instead of calling, and you went by phone upgrade instead of verifying before you switched...that makes sense

Can't you just let a guy rant?

spamby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

There was no early upgrade, the early upgrade wasn't vaild. As per the Sprint Store. And once I told that to the Sprint saleperson on the phone, I wasn't eligible. It was for a totally new line of service which she finally fessed up after I told her I wasn't eligible until 4/1/11.

And the person I talked to on the phone said I could upgrade and never told me that my upgrade date and my contract date were not the same. And it was a $50 dollar termination fee.

There was NO early upgrade. When I was eligible for upgrade I switched to a different carrier thinking my contract was up. To me it was under handed. Because I thought my upgrade date and my contract date were the same. No where on my bill or on line do they say they are different. And yes I'm complaining. Very loudly.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I tend to agree with Spamby ... if THEY call you and offer the upgrade seems like the least they could do is not charge you an early termination fee ... My God, it's not like he terminated his contract with them ... I would be ... ahem ... well ... "not happy" would be an understatement if this happened to me.

Customer sales reps from companies I am currently with are generally not very happy when I cut them off in mid-sentence and say "no thank you and take me off your call list. If I want something from you you will be the first to know."

justinsaneok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sprint is shady. I recorded people I talked to and played them back to them when the started lying. I was lied to about my phone, my replacement phone and my insurance. I was lied to about everything. I saved everything and then called the retention office played the messages and conversations and they offered to say sorry but there is nothing they could do. I was misinformed by someone, "their employees" and I was charged $200 for early termination because they could not provide me with a working phone, stole my deposit, lied to every time I talked to them, charged me for services I didn't use or could I use because my phone would't support such features, raised my insurance deductible without telling me so I couldn't cancel because I didn't know the doubling of it I would have just canit wasn't worth paying every month then a deductible should the POS refurbished phone quit working again,( up to 6 or 7 referb phones by then ), call me a lier and just be general a holes! Almost forgot the threatened to sue me for recording conversations. I asked well in Ohio it is a 1 party law and where are the people I spoke with located, they did not answer! I'm not one to complain to about much but ass holes ripping me off and bending me over the barrel is something I wont take!! They were also busted pinging phones for the Gov for profit. Assholes

Latest posts

Top Bottom