Watches on the way to a wrist near you

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I had a few of his on my watchlist. The rocket and the trident second hands are kinda cool.
20231130_120032.jpg

Thinking he should have installed a new mainspring .... then again this may be normal for a Swiss movement..... @thor447 what say our resident watch meister???

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 433076
Thinking he should have installed a new mainspring .... then again this may be normal for a Swiss movement..... @thor447 what say our resident watch meister???
Yeah, pretty low amplitude. Beat error looks great. I'd like to see how that thing runs in multiple positions, but depending on what movement is in it, I'd like to see that amplitude higher. It might not be the mainspring. Just a bit of gunk in the jewels or too much/little end shake or side shake can cause massive issues with amplitude.

It'll probably run fine as it is (for a while), as long as it is somewhat stable in dial up / dial down / crown down (which will have more of an amplitude drop in crown down). If it were my watch, I'd be opening it up though.

Do you know what movement is in it? For a regular type Swiss movement, I'd really like to see 240 degrees of amplitude or higher - depending on it's condition.

Last edited:

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
1702085186196.png

I have this on the way, I have a thing for these old timex watches. The M107 movement is a pita to work on but when running right they are solid time pieces if you do not mind adjusting time on occasion. Have one on the work bench that has a new mainspring waiting for me to have a moment when I am not busy.... Hunting and the Holidays getting into my watch time LOL.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 435439
I have this on the way, I have a thing for these old timex watches. The M107 movement is a pita to work on but when running right they are solid time pieces if you do not mind adjusting time on occasion. Have one on the work bench that has a new mainspring waiting for me to have a moment when I am not busy.... Hunting and the Holidays getting into my watch time LOL.
I like those. I know where one is that is priced really nice. Just been to busy to make it there to buy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom