• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Want To Buy Water trailer to haul water

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
FWIW, water weighs roughly 8lbs/gallon, so three of those 275gal totes is going to weigh a bit more than 3.25 tons, which should be easily doable for most 16’ utility trailers.
I can get them for free but they've had ag chemical in them, the food grade ones aren't usually free. Used them to haul water to deer during years of drought. The tote weighs 50lbs plus 2200lbs of water. Fit nicely in the back of my dually.

Screenshot_20230520_210642_Facebook.jpg

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
View attachment 378534
You can get these used on MarketPlace suitable for potable water for about $100. Holds 275 gallons and will fit in the bed of your truck. Not too heavy when empty.
I just picked up one of these ‘food grade’ ones in Edmond for $100 it was very clean. Found it on Craigslist

lilcountry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Yeah this is what I was looking at, just not sure what size trailer I would need for one. Ideally I want two of these on a trailer but I may have to suffice with one.
Two of those full of water would be about 4600 pounds. A utility trailer with a 7000 lb axle would handle it. The biggest challenge would probably be finding the right weight distribution. Too far back or too far forward on the trailer would make for some tricky driving. You can find adapters on Amazon for the outlet valve for pipe threads or water hose connections.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I have a couple of them to haul water to the farm for spraying. The three point spray rig is 100 gallons, so bought a boat submersible 12V bilge pump that does a big volume and use it to transfer water from the totes to the sprayer.
Use the battery on the tractor for power.

Latest posts

Top Bottom