Waterfowl 2017/2018

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How do you like that SX4? Buddy of mine is having trouble with is new A5 and is thinking about going to a gas gun.
So far I've been really happy with it. Purchased in April and haven't been able to run a lot of rounds through it. It's my first semi auto and it's been great. I chose it over the versa max as it's lighter and cheaper. No complaints.

Lakenut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good to hear. I have shot an X2 for the past 14 season and LOVE It. It probably sees a flat of shells a year w/o any hiccups. One year it went from dove season to the end of goose season with only getting a wipe down. It saw roughly 120 3" steel loads that duck season. I honestly expected it to choke at some point but it never did.

I knew the x3 was solid but I heard rumors of the x4 going the way of glock and getting a lot of plastic components.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Not much open water and the ice is a little tricky with the dogs, kind of have to pick and choose shots that would fall in liquid this morning. Not near as many birds around as last weekend.
20180106_101839.jpg

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
If the ponds melt I might maybe come
back down for a hunt. But as okie mentioned not near the birds around. They head south when that ice hits! Might get a few coming back north if things warm up some. The last weekend or two.

We've only got two places with open water and the birds kept them open. One scares me with the dogs and we're not hunting it. We tried to break some ice on another pond just to see how thick it was and it was 5-6" thick easy.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We've only got two places with open water and the birds kept them open. One scares me with the dogs and we're not hunting it. We tried to break some ice on another pond just to see how thick it was and it was 5-6" thick easy.
I had a friend that fishes Kaw Lake told me the ice was 4" thick on the upper end of the lake.

Latest posts

Top Bottom