Weather Aware 5/27

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I enjoy the rain WAY more now that I don't live on the family farm anymore. However, I am not ready for monsoon weather cycles. One of our cattle leases is on a 100 year flood plane, and I have had to help gather and load cattle in the street 4 times in the past 10 years to get them out before the whole pasture was under at least 3' of water. One of those times we had a very stubborn bull that wouldn't leave high ground to get to the trailer so we had to paddle feed and fresh water out to him for a few days until the river dropped enough to drive him to the front.

That said, if my dad doesnt need help moving cattle and any of you guys within an hour or so drive of Piedmont need help moving cattle, I am happy to help out. It is a ton of work, but the banter and helping someone out in a pinch is worth it.

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I enjoy the rain WAY more now that I don't live on the family farm anymore. However, I am not ready for monsoon weather cycles. One of our cattle leases is on a 100 year flood plane, and I have had to help gather and load cattle in the street 4 times in the past 10 years to get them out before the whole pasture was under at least 3' of water. One of those times we had a very stubborn bull that wouldn't leave high ground to get to the trailer so we had to paddle feed and fresh water out to him for a few days until the river dropped enough to drive him to the front.

That said, if my dad doesnt need help moving cattle and any of you guys within an hour or so drive of Piedmont need help moving cattle, I am happy to help out. It is a ton of work, but the banter and helping someone out in a pinch is worth it.
Boating out feed is where I draw the line. That sucker would have been hungry until it went down and then he’d have gone the way of the sale barn.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Best looking wheat crop and prices in several years, just need to make it through a few more weeks of no hail.

Our squash and tomato plants have skyrocketed . . . I really hope hail doesn't destroy them. Might need to cover them with some of the large plastic feed bins I have in the garage.

Latest posts

Top Bottom