Weekend vacation in an RV...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Want to get away with the wife and plan on maybe taking the RV. I would like something somewhat close, like say 4 hours or less drive. We will be in Branson in July, so thats out. We go to the lake with the kids quite often (Eufala), but, if it were private and secluded, might consider another lake. Don't pull my man card, but want something somewhat romantic and private I guess. Good fishing would help.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Theres no where to camp and fish within OK that is completely lecluded but my "quiet" getaway spot is Lake of the Arbuckles. Buckhorn campground is pretty quiet. Fishing is good and water is clear (comparitively) Go in the middle of the week and you will likely not see many other folks. And its really pretty and romantic.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I probably should have said that I will be going in Sept or October, and on a weekend. Wife and I both started new jobs, and dont have much vacation yet.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I probably should have said that I will be going in Sept or October, and on a weekend. Wife and I both started new jobs, and dont have much vacation yet.

That will be okay, lots of folks put the camper in storage end of Aug. My favorite time to go to Arbuckle in in the fall actually. Still not many people - other than deer hunters in Oct - and the temps are better.

OKIE-CARBINE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
quartz moutain might be ok for yall. could stay in the lodge. not sure about the fishing though. might not be much of a lake left this year. and its not real private, so hell, i dont know.

lol

SgtMojo67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We just so happended to go to Beavers Bend in Sept. The temperatures were still a little warm, but the water coming off of Broken Bow lake is FREAKIN COLD....I mean hurt your skin cold....darn good trout fishing. Tons of pine trees, hills, etc, etc......great place.

Latest posts

Top Bottom