Weird parking lot accident.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So we have this old can that we are loaning to my daughters baby daddy (heh) until he can get something else. He had backed out of a spot and had placed it in drive when this woman backs into the van. I haven't seen it yet but he says no damage to the van. But I guess she had some on her 09 ford pickup..

This woman had no DL... No Insurance. And calls the police..

With no damage to the van I wasn't even going to file a claim. But now she is trying to file on us for damages.... And I'm still trying to figure out what she expects to get... Except maybe deported.

Crazy stupid people in this world..

pinkhamr

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
An Illegal with no license or insurance ???? Hell, what else is new ......... she should have been arrested ........ Have your Insurance Company contact her ,,,,, they know what to do ..... JMO

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was my agent that contacted me later in the day.

Deported? Well let's see.... If she wasn't already a criminal and here illegally. She wouldn't have been there to back into my van.... Or she wouldn't have almost hit someone else on the way out of the parking lot after....

Come to this country and spit on our laws... And THEN try to get even more free money? Not a chance.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why would police respond to a private property parking lot fender ding?

Only you can authorize your insurance company to be involved with her. She can't file a claim on her own. Tell her to blow...

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Only you can authorize your insurance company to be involved with her. She can't file a claim on her own. Tell her to blow...

That is not necessarily true. If someone contacts the insurer and files a claim against your policy, the insurer has a right according to the contract you entered with them (the policy) to investigate and settle any claims on your behalf, if they feel it is prudent to do so. For example, one insurer's policy states (and I quote) "In the event of an accident, or loss, notice must be given to us promptly.... We will defend any claim or suit asking for these damages. We may settle when we consider it appropriate." (emphasis mine). Basically, if the insurer wants to make the thing go away, they have right to do so.

In this case though, it's moot as I am sure they will tell her to go pound sand. Backing into a vehicle pretty much always makes one at fault, save for rare circumstances.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is not necessarily true. If someone contacts the insurer and files a claim against your policy, the insurer has a right according to the contract you entered with them (the policy) to investigate and settle any claims on your behalf, if they feel it is prudent to do so. For example, one insurer's policy states (and I quote) "In the event of an accident, or loss, notice must be given to us promptly.... We will defend any claim or suit asking for these damages. We may settle when we consider it appropriate." (emphasis mine). Basically, if the insurer wants to make the thing go away, they have right to do so.

I can't see it happening except in rare circumstances. I've seen too many people left holding the bag because the at-fault insured party just ignores them. Especially if no police report was filed in a minor fender bender.

Latest posts

Top Bottom