Well….I’m over today.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
those elon musk battery backup systems in the garage wall are attractive for these events. or one of those dewalt or milwaukee battery power supplies that have the capacity to carry your fridge and freezer?

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Something else to consider for the future. If one doesn't do much opening of one's refrigerator or freezer, the stuff inside should keep for some time. In colder weather (think winter storms), we had a freezer in an outbuilding that kept food for more than a week or two. That was up in the Panhandle, and the electric coop people had guys going around in the outage area with portable generators to "recharge" their customer's appliances.

white92coupe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Something else to consider for the future. If one doesn't do much opening of one's refrigerator or freezer, the stuff inside should keep for some time. In colder weather (think winter storms), we had a freezer in an outbuilding that kept food for more than a week or two. That was up in the Panhandle, and the electric coop people had guys going around in the outage area with portable generators to "recharge" their customer's appliances.

I thought they would do a good job too, but last Friday in our garage within 8 hours the side by side freezer was above freezing inside and the fridge was 48*. That was overnight with no opening of the doors. It was a decent temp in the garage too. Just a pain/frustration with it happening two times in 5 days.

Luckily it didn’t last long last night and temp was lower than Friday so no issue this time around. Generator is always ready with gas near by this time of year for us and glad to have the generator to run them.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought they would do a good job too, but last Friday in our garage within 8 hours the side by side freezer was above freezing inside and the fridge was 48*. That was overnight with no opening of the doors. It was a decent temp in the garage too. Just a pain/frustration with it happening two times in 5 days.

Luckily it didn’t last long last night and temp was lower than Friday so no issue this time around. Generator is always ready with gas near by this time of year for us and glad to have the generator to run them.

I guess they don't make them like they used to. Of course, our outside freezer was back in the late '70's and early '80's.

white92coupe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess they don't make them like they used to. Of course, our outside freezer was back in the late '70's and early '80's.

They definitely don’t. I would have thought they would last longer in the temps we are having that night. Luckily I have a thermometer in both to see the temp or it would have been a frustrating day throwing away all the food in them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom