Well it's the end of June...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am down to 2 packages of butterfly steaks, 3 packages of round steaks and about 12 pounds of ground meat from my deer last fall.

Is anyone else ready for deer season yet?

Maybe I need to learn to do the Bow thing so I have a greater chance, just can't afford to this year.

How expensive is blackpowder to get into?

I know I sound like a crack whore rambling on.

nobuttbrian

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am down to 2 packages of butterfly steaks, 3 packages of round steaks and about 12 pounds of ground meat from my deer last fall.

Is anyone else ready for deer season yet?

Maybe I need to learn to do the Bow thing so I have a greater chance, just can't afford to this year.

How expensive is blackpowder to get into?

I know I sound like a crack whore rambling on.

You can get a cva wolf for about $160 scope is $39.99 and an acc. pack for about $20. powder or pellets and the the sabot slugs or ball for another $40..or if you get the rifle i have some pellets and bullets you can have .not very many but enough to get you started.

Danielkines77

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yeah i am ready to get some more deer meat!! I have never been bow hunting before, but i am going to buy one in august, and get LOTS of practice with it so i can have an extended hunting season!!! YYEEAAAH BUDDY!!!

kdlong

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
made full circle back in the kiamichi mountains in
come on oct. first. we are putting our feeders up this weekend just not going to fill them yet.i want the deer to get use to them being there first.i will start feeding at the end of july.we have mineral blocks and salt blocks out now.already been shooting my bow a little.bp you can get set up in a muzzleloader pretty cheap.those wolfs shoot real good my buddy has one and it will shoot almost as good as my encore.you should be able to get set up for around 250 to 300 with everything depends on how much you spend on optics if you choose to use a scope.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a .45 cal CVA bolt action muzzle loader that uses 209 primers that you could probably have. If I go ML hunting I'll get a barrel for my encore. I've shot the ML maybe twice in my parents back yard and completely cleaned it just after. I also have some pyrodex pellets that may or may not be good anymore. They are a few years old now. Also have some .45 cal sabots that you could have. I'll just keep the cleaning supplies and what not for when I get a barrel setup for my gun.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can get a cva wolf for about $160 scope is $39.99 and an acc. pack for about $20. powder or pellets and the the sabot slugs or ball for another $40..or if you get the rifle i have some pellets and bullets you can have .not very many but enough to get you started.

That's not bad at all Brian thanks for the info.

I have a .45 cal CVA bolt action muzzle loader that uses 209 primers that you could probably have. If I go ML hunting I'll get a barrel for my encore. I've shot the ML maybe twice in my parents back yard and completely cleaned it just after. I also have some pyrodex pellets that may or may not be good anymore. They are a few years old now. Also have some .45 cal sabots that you could have. I'll just keep the cleaning supplies and what not for when I get a barrel setup for my gun.

How much do you want for the setup Dustin?

Hee hee, I gotta start eating mine at a faster pace - but I *am* making backstraps steaks tonight - already thawed - mmmm, mmm.

I have been trying to take it easy on my Venison supply, I hate the thought of being without. I got 52Lbs of meat of my little buck last fall, 24 of it wound up as ground meat.

I really need to get out and hunt during the Muzzle loader season to maximize my chances this year. Just have to see if my land owner is OK with it first.

Reaction score
I really need to get out and hunt during the Muzzle loader season to maximize my chances this year

Good idea. I almost always - or maybe always - at least SEE deer during ML season, on any given 2-day hunt during this season. Cannot say the same for any random archery or rifle season 2-day hunt. They seem to move around a lot in that pre-rut phase in late October (at least in Eastern OK). Don't always get one, but your chances are better during ML than other seasons, seems to me. Not *tons* better, but better, I think. Been trying to convince my friend of this, but he doesn't want to mess with MLs - though he does shoot a bow.

Latest posts

Top Bottom