Well it's the end of June...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimmyC

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh man am I ever ready to go hunting again! I missed the last half of deer season due a last minute deployment. So I'm seriously jonesing. I still have a few steaks left but all my burger is gone. And the steaks will be gone soon...

I'll be out deer hunting opening day of archery. If you haven't hunted black powder you got to try it. It's like getting another rifle season. As hi-tech as the new black powder rifles are it's just as easy to shoot as any other rifle. And in some cases more accurate.

I would recommend getting the cleaning patches that are already soaked in solvent and one in oil. Those are the easiest to use. Also get the preformed powder like 777 or pyrodex.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh man am I ever ready to go hunting again! I missed the last half of deer season due a last minute deployment. So I'm seriously jonesing. I still have a few steaks left but all my burger is gone. And the steaks will be gone soon...

I'll be out deer hunting opening day of archery. If you haven't hunted black powder you got to try it. It's like getting another rifle season. As hi-tech as the new black powder rifles are it's just as easy to shoot as any other rifle. And in some cases more accurate.

I would recommend getting the cleaning patches that are already soaked in solvent and one in oil. Those are the easiest to use. Also get the preformed powder like 777 or pyrodex.

Don't need em if shooting the Savage Smokeless.:yelclap:

JimmyC

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't need em if shooting the Savage Smokeless.:yelclap:
Oh man, my wife is gonna hate you...After you posted this I did some research on the Savage Smokeless and couldn't for the life of me figure out why I didn't own one. LOL. What a great concept. It does make it so much easier. I have to admit I've finally got used to the fact that I have to clean the barrel after each shot for the best accuracy. I wish I could just reload round after round and not have to worry about cleaning the barrel till the end of hunting season.

I'm just glad Oklahoma isn't one of those states that treats muzzleloaders like an antique. Some states don't allow scopes or interchangable barrels muzzleloaders during muzzleloader season.

Latest posts

Top Bottom