Well, lets see em!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oOVEGGIEOo

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
What a good weekend...already posted the hero pics of the thanksgiving buck the Lord blessed us with. And it kept getting better from then on out.

Shot a little antlerless deer Thanksgiving night. I did not bother to take pictures. lol..(honestly I felt like crap at the time about it) all I can say is I haven't taken many deer from a tree stand and my perception gets a bit skewed when I am up there. But now that I have had a bit of practice at it, well...I have gotten better. So anyhow, I was worried about the wind Saturday and when I woke up to check the weather, we almost didn't go. But the forecast had improved a little and the gusts didn't look to be as bad. So we (my wife and I) started out Saturday in my stand. Bit windy...but more wet than anything else. We didn't see anything, and I gave her all the rain gear that day. I was soaked and things were looking pretty bleak. Well, we decided to get down about 8 and check my camera. Nothing...I was a bit baffled by it, as I had put it over a scrape, but nothing was checking it at all. I decided it was time to move the camera. 20 pictures in 2 weeks and only one buck that was chasing in the middle of the night. We decided to move it to some major trails where I had found scrapes rubs and tracks, and had a homemade tube type gravity feeder attached to a tree. When we get to the spot she decided to sit by a blow down as I walked in. I was fine with that as it would only take a few minutes. I was only gone for maybe a minute when a shot rang out not twenty yards from me. Was my unmistakably high pitched Remington model 742 autoloader chambered in .243. I didn't even get the camera hung yet. I came running out and saw my wife still sitting with the gun readied looking off into the brush. Turned out I busted a little doe up and she pretty much ran straight at my wife. Perfect double lung shot with a 100 grain sierra game king bullet. Made a mess of her insides. I gutted my wife's first deer as I told her I would. Hugs and smiles and little girly dances a plenty.

i972.photobucket.com_albums_ae206_oOVeggieOo_hunting_IMAG0004.jpg

Took her to my Mothers house for processing as that is where we do all that, and picked up my little girl to go shopping for the boys Christmas gifts. Went to bass pro, were out of stock of everything we were looking for, but picked up a set of insulated water resistant Wall's coveralls for me. Got a call from my step dad on our way out to the car. We got a hog trapped...he wants my wife to shoot it. SCORE! This was harder than her shooting the deer. I didn't really like his scope as it was a bit hard to put it where we needed to with the crosshairs it had. He insisted we shoot it between the eyes with a .22 mag and that little booger knew we were there. Kept running in circles and she kept hitting the trap fence. Before it was said and done, she had shot him in the ear, I shot him right in the nose (which slowed him down) and she finally put him down with a lethal shot behind the ear. It was fun regardless though. Sorry about the crappy pic.

i972.photobucket.com_albums_ae206_oOVeggieOo_hunting_IMAG0480.jpg

Then last night I tagged out with this big girl. I couldn't believe how huge she was. I bet she was a 130 lb field dressed doe. Had two other big does with her coming into a corn pile and my wife will probably be hunting this tripod Friday and Saturday.

i972.photobucket.com_albums_ae206_oOVeggieOo_hunting_IMAG0010.jpg

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
nice deer everyone. espacially the kids and ladies. great to see all the first timers. couldn't help but notice the size of the doe your son got twocan,very nice indeed.

what part of the state are you hunting in rackstacker? glad to see they are still chasing some

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Things I didn't kill this weekend:
i41.tinypic.com_2rpxpaf.jpg

i40.tinypic.com_5po0ic.jpg

i44.tinypic.com_2zeib0y.jpg

i41.tinypic.com_2i1fvxz.jpg

and things I did kill - 26lb killing machine that was hunting ME!!! it also explains where 8 chickens went:
i43.tinypic.com_6854b4.jpg

i41.tinypic.com_2diorxi.jpg

I should have the pics from the other camera to show the "size" ASAP.

Latest posts

Top Bottom