Well, lets see em!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SWRhodd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well as I said earlier, here are the pics from my wife's buck this morning. This morning was pretty chilly and we didn't see much but a couple forked horns and then this one that she shot. We set up the decoy and just waited for something to walk by. Well with this buck he just appeared out of nowhere and I grunted at him a couple time and he really didn't want anything to do with the decoy. But anyways, he starts to meandor down the hillside, zig zagging back and forth as he came down, taking his time. Then he starts walking to the decoy and thats when my wife let him have with the 6mm Rem.. Dropped him in his tracks, not 20 yds from where my buck fell on Thanksgiving Day.
9 pt. buck that we do not have any pics on our trail cameras. When the rut is on, you never know whats going to show up...

Pic in the field...
i1177.photobucket.com_albums_x353_SWRhodd_Missy2011.jpg

At her parents house
i1177.photobucket.com_albums_x353_SWRhodd_P1000448.jpg

Then at home before we dropped him off at the meat processor
i1177.photobucket.com_albums_x353_SWRhodd_P1000456.jpg

i1177.photobucket.com_albums_x353_SWRhodd_P1000458.jpg

twocan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I set out a pop up blind in a draw behind the house tonight. 5:30 this doe stepped out and my middle son who just turned 10 last month laid her out with his rem 710 .243
Shot was about 60yards and he hit her a little far back but she did'nt run 100 yards. This is his first deer.
[Broken External Image]

RackStacker30

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This guy came out around 4:45 pm on Wednesday afternoon about 500 yards away from me. Luckily, a doe was only 200 yards away down in the river bottom which got this buck's attention. He came running after her and cut the distance in no time. I had time to get over the buck fever by the time he reached 200 yards. I gave him an "Eh" to stop him for a good broadside shot but got no reactiion. Did it quickly two more times and finally had to throw an all out yell at him. He finally stopped and I settled the crosshairs on him and dropped him like a rock. He had 11 scorable points, weighed 188 lbs field dressed, and is currently at Skulls Unlimited for a skull mount. Very unique buck with that crazy extra tine coming out of the base of his left antler.

i436.photobucket.com_albums_qq89_electronicsns_20111123_20__20Garber_20Buck_GarberBuck_1.jpg

i436.photobucket.com_albums_qq89_electronicsns_20111123_20__20Garber_20Buck_GarberBuck1_2_1_1.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom