We're #2!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like another one of the tools for big brother at work here. OnStar is probably the most poopular vehicle based GPS transmitter, Ford Sync (with TDI) is another. Most GPS systems are receivers only, but if you can access traffic data and make calls, etc, they have a way of seeing you. I am sure a lot if it has to do with smart phones too.

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Based on my experience, if accidents alone were used (instead of fatalities), I'd rank Dallas, Atlanta and Houston in the top three. Of course DOT agencies continue to regulate the hell out of the trucking industry yet give a pass to every jackwad driving a car. If they were serious about safety they'd be having fourwheelers coming into weigh/inspection stations and let us truckers cruise on past. They'd make a killing in revenue/fines. But the government isn't serious about safety. It's all about $$$ so they go after trucking instead.

onearmedman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought it interesting that none were interstates. I love these "studies", packed chock-full of exciting statistics. No doubt y'all have heard the saying: "There's lies, damn lies, and then statisitics."
I'm sure Dutch is aware of how media reports accidents involving POV vs Semi. They report it without including who was at fault, and in most cases, it's the POV driver at fault.

Latest posts

Top Bottom