West Nile Virus

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been watching the news on this issue and it's freaking me out. today I was doing some yard work and I got like 4 or 5 bites, now due to all these warnings and stuff, Im really not at peace. What's your guys take on this issue and should I be freaking out?

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't freak out. Think how many cases there are and how many mosquitoes bite people in OK every day. The media is blowing that up beyond proportion.

j-dubb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wasn't ever worried about it because I knew it was mainly dangerous to the young and the old with weaker immune systems. I'm neither so I wasn't worried because I figured if it did happen I am healthy enough and young enough to survive it. However I recently remember someone on here saying that once you get it even if you survive it, it messes with your bones and that you have issues with your bones the rest of your life from it? I haven't done any research on my own, so I don't know if there's any truth to that?

Latest posts

Top Bottom