Western Heights teachers’ pay docked for participating in walkout

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Didn't most of the school districts and boards support the actions? I remember that Western Heights did not support, but I believe most of the others did. That would make the actions neither a walkout or strike.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
Didn't most of the school districts and boards support the actions? I remember that Western Heights did not support, but I believe most of the others did. That would make the actions neither a walkout or strike.
I would agree if the district closed, it was neither.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To be entirely fair, there's a certain immediacy in those professions that isn't present in education. A pop quiz tomorrow is as effective as a pop quiz today; a fire truck tomorrow, rather less so.

This is also a great example of how those in power can use 'the law' to limit dissent. take an idea that has *reasonable* basis for groups such as first responders, air traffic controllers, etc, and extend it out to other groups you wish to control. A quick and easy way to control labor in oklahoma.

As you noted above, and as is often noted in the gun control argument, just because it's the law, doesn't mean it's right.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To be entirely fair, there's a certain immediacy in those professions that isn't present in education. A pop quiz tomorrow is as effective as a pop quiz today; a fire truck tomorrow, rather less so.
With all the talk of the importance of education, it still serves the point. They should have been in the classroom and not at the capital

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With all the talk of the importance of education, it still serves the point. They should have been in the classroom and not at the capital

Right because doing the exact same thing over and over and not getting results would be the wise choice? I think most people didn't look at it so short sighted and figured it was for the greater good that their teachers got a raise and at least some additional funding.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Right because doing the exact same thing over and over and not getting results would be the wise choice? I think most people didn't look at it so short sighted and figured it was for the greater good that their teachers got a raise and at least some additional funding.
LOL OK.....

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LOL OK.....

giphy.gif

Latest posts

Top Bottom