What a bunch of babies we have become

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enuf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always think it's funny when someone complains about someone else complaining. :pms2:
If you are referring to me - I am not 'complaining" I am just sad and disappointed about it. You want to be a big-o-baby, then be one. I just think it is sick. The only good thing I can conclude from it is that my grandkids will grow up to be twice the men as most of the population. I am not saying to be rude and hateful; I am talking about if you have an employee(s) that is underperforming or just lazy - lay it out there, nip it in the bud.

T-Dog

DPT 3c 89-93 - Desert Storm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
STUDY how legislaters VOTE.
This is why I say I read up on the candidates (from multiple sources), I should have been clearer in my wording. I look at their prior actions and base my decision on that, not what they say during the election cycle. Which btw, they (all spectrum of pols) constantly seem to be in, which makes you wonder when do they ever get to their jobs and govern. I really wish there was a viable 3rd party, but I'm realistic and know that wouldn't stop the corruption or truly bring any sense of common cause as a UNITED people. We have become too selfish as a society, I see a lack of empathy from most people. I do wonder when we citizens will decide that this grand expriment that is our repiblic has failed and its time to try something different. I refer you back to my doubting wanting to live to my 80's. I don't want to see that happen, as I've lost too many brothers and sisters in arms in defending this country and what the constitution stands for.

As for your comment Budhaman, the capitalist dream is a game that's been going on for thousands of years. There is no specfic generation to blame. Its just human nature to blame the previous generation on the ills of the world, and I forgive you for your hateful words. Even though you made some silly statements without knowing what others have gone through. I wish for you to be open minded and try to listen to what others say and you may just come away with, not a changed mind, but respect for that person.

Whether one feels like it is so these days, this is still the best country in the world and worth stepping out of your comfort zone and try to engage your fellow citizen that thinks differently than you. Are you always going get what you want, of course not! Getting everything you want is how you get a despotic government. We all have to make compromises if we are to live together, no way around that. Heck, isn't that why we put up with needing to do a background check to buy a firearm? 😅

Last thing, fellow citizen's, please don't loose your cool when interacting with others, even if you feel strongly about something. Whether you want it be, we are all floating in the same river.

:thanku:

Man, I really had to use my google-fu on some of those words.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Earl Pitts, Uhmerican! Used to have a bunch of his cassette tapes. Wake up America! I still have an Earl Pitts ball cap. Used to listen to him when I was occasionally near Cincy On WLW. Gary Burbank. WLW Truckin Network at night.

rustyaa55

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is why I say I read up on the candidates (from multiple sources), I should have been clearer in my wording. I look at their prior actions and base my decision on that, not what they say during the election cycle. Which btw, they (all spectrum of pols) constantly seem to be in, which makes you wonder when do they ever get to their jobs and govern. I really wish there was a viable 3rd party, but I'm realistic and know that wouldn't stop the corruption or truly bring any sense of common cause as a UNITED people. We have become too selfish as a society, I see a lack of empathy from most people. I do wonder when we citizens will decide that this grand expriment that is our repiblic has failed and its time to try something different. I refer you back to my doubting wanting to live to my 80's. I don't want to see that happen, as I've lost too many brothers and sisters in arms in defending this country and what the constitution stands for.

As for your comment Budhaman, the capitalist dream is a game that's been going on for thousands of years. There is no specfic generation to blame. Its just human nature to blame the previous generation on the ills of the world, and I forgive you for your hateful words. Even though you made some silly statements without knowing what others have gone through. I wish for you to be open minded and try to listen to what others say and you may just come away with, not a changed mind, but respect for that person.

Whether one feels like it is so these days, this is still the best country in the world and worth stepping out of your comfort zone and try to engage your fellow citizen that thinks differently than you. Are you always going get what you want, of course not! Getting everything you want is how you get a despotic government. We all have to make compromises if we are to live together, no way around that. Heck, isn't that why we put up with needing to do a background check to buy a firearm? 😅

Last thing, fellow citizen's, please don't loose your cool when interacting with others, even if you feel strongly about something. Whether you want it be, we are all floating in the same river.

:thanku:

Man, I really had to use my google-fu on some of those words.
First off, thank you for your service.

Hats off to you purely for the fact you care enough to vote. And you research candidates.

It takes the greatest google-fu to research them effectively. Appologies for not making my point clearer.

Look very closely every time the ''moderate'' dem makes a vote for a conservative cause. Inevitably you will fimd the dems won without that vote. Interesting but no coincidence. The leadership ALLOWS that vote for the sake
of appearance, usually for the constituents. The great political shell game.

If yovr research finds a single dem candidate with multiple votes against their party where the dems lost - that would be truly amazing. And make all wonder why they call themself a dem.

PLEASE let us know all you find.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Bunch of whiny old guys complain how the word doesn’t revolve around capitalistic dreams, working yourself to death, and hiding your emotions like they did. How many of you had a coping alcoholic for a family member? Or never spent time with someone because they worked to make ends meet? Your generation ruined the US and blamed everyone else. Some millionaire convinced you that one day you could be rich like him while driving you to work for less and make him more. Bunch of pansies that can’t do any self reflection on how crummy they are and the world they created.
Lol, bitter much?

cstan

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am not for term limits and believe in rewarding those I voted for and doing their best to live up to their ideals. Also I believe in taking away all their special privileges they enjoy but do not give to population such as special health care, retirements and other perks. I think this would weed out the profiteers.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
i recently watched an old mop and pop store sell out to a younger person. it is still a private store but the younger new owners now only open five days a week and the open later and close sooner. the older previous owners were open 6 days from 7 till 5:30 or later and would come in for a sale if you needed something. it will be interesting to see how long it lasts?????
We went to Maine a few years ago. A very different place at least the small part I we saw. My impression was, no big box stores, motels, etc. It looked like it did around here 60/80 years ago, small mom, and pop, stores, and all the lodging we saw were family run Inns. We plan on going back, and spend more time looking around, but from what I saw it is a very neat, interesting state! The people talk kinda funny, but seem to be good, friendly folks!

VarmintHunter59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always vote and implore others around me to vote too, some times I even think it should be law that people have to vote. Have you seen the numbers of who actualy vote? It's always under/around 50% of registered. very disheartening. To me the only way we can change anything is to stop voting D and R, I've never registered with either party, I'm the undecided. And we as citizens should also demand that there be term limits. No one should be a career politician! After reading up on who's on the ballot, and if they're all crap, I'll go for whose not an incumbent. That being said, I have to agree with you that the majorirty of people do just like you said, and it's only gotten worse with social media. I know this forum is technically social media (I still look at it as a BBS though), but the fb's, tweeties, etc is what really has made things worse in many aspects. (btw, I'm a software engineer and have watched this madness grow over the years.) No one wants to have civil talks about things, its all about the meme or the quick gotcha, smh. I sometime hope I don't live as long as my parents who are in their 80's. Why would I want to see what becomes of this great country? Anyway, rant off and back to watching my westerns. Got to get my morning rifleman in.

I have voted since I was 18 years old. I stopped voting. I load magazines. Both sides are simply placating We the People. Time to clean it up physically and they're going to make it happen.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
How did we get to this point, where we expect politicians to be perfect? WHO CARES? We know, are NOT perfect but, but PRETEND that OUR GUY/GIRL IS, how dumb is that? In our system of government, politicians are simply EMPLOYEES we hire to manage OUR BUSINESS!!!! They are NOT ROYALTY, NO MATTER WHAT THEY, AND THEIR LAP DOG NEWS MEDIA, SAY! WE SHOULD HAVE RESPECT FOR THE OFFICE, BUT THE PEOPLE HOLDING THAT OFFICE SHOULD ONLY GET THE RESPECT, THEY EARN!!! IF WE WOULD APPROACH THIS PROCESS MORE REALISTICALLY, AND ELECT, ( HIRE) PEOPLE SIMPLY BASED ON THE JOB THEY HAVE, AND CAN DO, AND NOT GET INTO ALL THIS CHARACTER ASSASSINATION, CRAP, MOST OF WHICH IS NOT EVEN TRUE, WOULDN'T WE BE LIKELY TO GET BETTER RESULTS?

Latest posts

Top Bottom